KTM trials?

jon

As far as I know, KTM have never and still don't make a trials bike. I just wonder why, considering how well they make other off road bikes.

jon said:
As far as I know, KTM have never and still don't make a trials bike. I just wonder why, considering how well they make other off road bikes.

Maybe the market is too small to warrant the R&D and tooling costs?

KTMphil said:
jon said:

Maybe the market is too small to warrant the R&D and tooling costs?

I thinks that's true.

Last year only 10,000 new trials bikes were sold worldwide..........

Only 800 new trials bikes sold in the US in 2011

It seems to be a steady market with similar numbers sold each year, whereas the enduro scene has grown massively.

I did think about the trials market being quite small but then again KTM seems quite diversified in their range of models. They seem to make a huge range from kids motocrossers right through to the big V-twin road and trail bikes. I wouldn't be surprised if they also make jetskis and snow mobiles. I see they are also providing engines for some bikes in the new Moto 3 class. They certainly have the designers and engineers in place. I hope they do make a trials bike at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom