KTM parts - local and international supplies

crs

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
Thought it maybe worth jotting down some suppliers that seem good to know... If you know more, or think they're crap - please say. Anywhere where you can get bits local, would be good.

General KTM and Offroad parts:
ktm-parts.com - KTM Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, and much more!
https://shop.enduroeng.com
Supermoto Parts, Accessories and Clothing - International Shipping - Motostrano.com --->BAD REPORT. Alternative?
Cylinder Works, Inc.
http://thumperracing.net/
http://www.daveclarkracing.com
Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories, Motocross (MX) Parts & Gear | MotoSport Japan
Dirt Bike Parts and Motocross Parts | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC ---> CAN SHIP TO THAILAND IF YOU EMAIL THEM.
http://www.btosports.com

US freight forwarding:

USA Address & Mail Forwarding - Shipito.com | English

^ They look good - The Cylinder Works 280 bb kit is 23% cheaper for starters.

Ah crap... As my bike's f.i. I'dd need to get the ecu remapped if BB it... Can't see me finding somewhere to do that local. $500 for the tool.

Rocky Mountain gets great reviews here.
5 days from the States to my door postage & half the price you pay here is always good.

Customs Duty?

Rocky Mountain gets great reviews here.
5 days from the States to my door postage & half the price you pay here is always good.

What type of items have you had shipped through them? I have a few things I need to order and the bulkiest is a set of Renthal Fat Bars.

How do they ship from the states?

Any Customs Duty having to be paid when it hits Thailand?

Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories, Motocross (MX) Parts & Gear | MotoSport Japan

will ship to Thailand, at checkout you can opt to pay import tax with their couriers DHL or take the risk once it hits Thailand, I ordered some clothing and it was delivered within a week of ordering, they also ship parts.

For Pattaya residents, Ley at Bike Lane can order in KTM parts and also unregistered new bikes, normally for parts if he has not got them in his shop they take 5 - 7 days to arrive.

from my experience with shipping many,many parts over the years from the US for my bikes ,try to stick to usps for shipping and keep away from dhl,fedex,ups as you will get stung big time for tax.a lot of the smaller stuff gets through with no tax using usps.hope this helps. cheers greg

What type of items have you had shipped through them? I have a few things I need to order and the bulkiest is a set of Renthal Fat Bars.

How do they ship from the states?

Any Customs Duty having to be paid when it hits Thailand?

Sorry dude, I should have said Australia, I'm not in LOS
I've had a helmet sent, friends have had everything from exhausts to tyres sent, all good.
Their shipping rates are something to look closely at though, under $699 (I think) it's $65 over that it jumps to $135

^ They look good - The Cylinder Works 280 bb kit is 23% cheaper for starters.

Keep in mind you'll lose a bit of RPM's on top with the BB. Mine filled out the low and midrange very nicely on my 250 XCFW but did cost some RPM's.

^ That would suit me. What year's your XCFW?

What other mods have you done?

Engine parts- mainly i use daveclarkracing.com he's a good old fashioned engine builder in the U.K , the websites crap but he's always available on the phone ,they use TNT and iv been getting my parts in 3 days and he doesn't try selling you stuff you dont need.

from my experience with shipping many,many parts over the years from the US for my bikes ,try to stick to usps for shipping and keep away from dhl,fedex,ups as you will get stung big time for tax.a lot of the smaller stuff gets through with no tax using usps.hope this helps. cheers greg

Excellent point that, the courier companies are all wankers, that's why I get my KTM parts from the UK via the good old Royal Mail, never get the bullshit "storage and clearance tax" that comes with the big couriers.

Yeah echo everyones comments avoid couriers like the plague... USPS / Royal mail etc and with a 20 USD value declaration comes through 90% of the time tax free even BIG boxes that way have worked.

I keep my USA shipito account purely to bounce it into USPS and make it 20 USD orders.

Rocky Mountain don't ship to Thailand.

Give them a call. I arranged my account so they could ship to Cambodia via USPS express mail.
However these days I get everything sent thru my shipito account for the reasons stated by LivinLOS

They have just asked me for an address so they can quote me... But, you're right - shipito is probably best idea. Late night shopping so forgot about that.

Just got the bits for my 300, ordered from btosports, came in 2 weeks, no tax.

362979393984.jpg362979697762.jpg362980338443.jpg362980773999.jpg362981445436.jpg362981802535.jpg362982121087.jpg362982518541.jpg

The Crucifix like thing?
It's to go between the front tyre & where the front guard bolts to the bike so when you pull it down with the tie downs it doesn't leave the front forks under compression... at a guess.

The Crucifix like thing?
It's to go between the front tyre & where the front guard bolts to the bike so when you pull it down with the tie downs it doesn't leave the front forks under compression... at a guess.

Yes, suspension saver it's called. Had to many fork seals blown from having the bike tied down on the pickup.

Bike almost ready:

DSC_0557_Hagrid.jpg

I need one too... Reminded me just in time before finishing my orders.

I am just about to make an order with AMS in the UK. They will ship to Thailand and not charge UK VAT on your order. Will update once my stuff arrives.

^ That would suit me. What year's your XCFW?

What other mods have you done?
Mine's a 2011 XCFW Six Days. Last of the carbed models, and absolutely the most horrendous Six Day graphics ever.
P1080786-L.jpg Most mods are done by me running into things, breaking lights, fenders, number plates etc. Other than that its got a 290 big bore, Rekluse, larger water pump impeller, fan, and some basic protective goodies to keep hard things at bay when I crash it. Coming off a YZF 250 (not WR) Yamaha I was quite disappointed with the power of the KTM. In comparison the YZF was lighter and the engine pulled harder everywhere, though the KTM did seem to rev higher. Big bore stopped my whinging.

^ Just ordered the 300 (really 290) Thumper Racing bb kit. I probably won't be bothered about extra power - but would prefer the bike have plenty lower down and not all high-rev racing style. The Thunder Racing kit is well reviewed and has extra cooling designed into the sleeve - good for here - and it isn't that much more than a standard piston kit. So, will see how the bike goes when I get it, then maybe hang on until the service schedule requires a piston change anyway and just sort it then. Also got a plastic kit coming so won't care so much about bashing the crap out of it. Going to try bodge some pc fans on the rad too...

^ Just ordered the 300 (really 290) Thumper Racing bb kit. I probably won't be bothered about extra power - but would prefer the bike have plenty lower down and not all high-rev racing style. The Thunder Racing kit is well reviewed and has extra cooling designed into the sleeve - good for here - and it isn't that much more than a standard piston kit. So, will see how the bike goes when I get it, then maybe hang on until the service schedule requires a piston change anyway and just sort it then. Also got a plastic kit coming so won't care so much about bashing the crap out of it. Going to try bodge some pc fans on the rad too...

Which kit did you order? Reading their website one option is sending the original cylinder for them to install the sleeve and re-hone or they send it to you to install yourself.

DIY. I know a good machinist in CM. If can't sort that then will take to UK. Need to take / post EFI to UK / US for remap anyways.

Yeah echo everyones comments avoid couriers like the plague... USPS / Royal mail etc and with a 20 USD value declaration comes through 90% of the time tax free even BIG boxes that way have worked.

I keep my USA shipito account purely to bounce it into USPS and make it 20 USD orders.

What is it with the $20 value declaration thing? Does that avoid charges somehow at the US side or the Thai side? I it a good idea even on big box, many item, $$$ parcels?

What is it with the $20 value declaration thing? Does that avoid charges somehow at the US side or the Thai side? I it a good idea even on big box, many item, $$$ parcels?

I did that with a lot of smaller items like a gps, gopro... and it always worked (0 tax). Wouldn't try it on a bigger, heavier package though, you wouldn't want to take customs for retards. I still try to keep it low, about 10% of real value. On my last package (700usd) I declare about 70usd in total and got taxed 40%! Even sent as gift and with usps airmail.

Only problem is that you can't insure your package as it is insured on the declared amount. So you have to hope it gets here :D

^ Also, it seems Shipito used to be OK to open up packages, remove unnecessary and consolidate everything - then you could complete a Customs Declaration as you liked... Not any more. Now, if they open up the packages and see invoices/receipts, they will check this against Customs Declarations you have already completed (which you have to do before you can consolidate now) to see if you're declaring true values. Guess the only way you can avoid this is to consolidate keeping stuff in original boxes - far more limiting.

Fk.

^ Also, it seems Shipito used to be OK to open up packages, remove unnecessary and consolidate everything - then you could complete a Customs Declaration as you liked... Not any more. Now, if they open up the packages and see invoices/receipts, they will check this against Customs Declarations you have already completed (which you have to do before you can consolidate now) to see if you're declaring true values. Guess the only way you can avoid this is to consolidate keeping stuff in original boxes - far more limiting.

Fk.

If that's the case my account wont be getting much use.

US law prohibits shipping without a manifest / value, so if what you say is correct that means all packages I order will be automatically declared at the invoiced value from the shipper and I wont be able to change it?

Reading through their discussion board, there's people complaining cos they used to be able to consolidate (strip excess packaging) and then do their c.d. how they liked still... But now they are getting collared and shipping held till they match up with what's on the receipt. Only way around this (hopefully) is to keep stuff in original packaging and not let them inside for any reason. You might still be able to consolidate some that way - if your original boxes are small enough. Maybe they don't always care - might have been just the odd case - but looks like they've changed their ways.

Ballsd me right up as I've got some packages that won't fit in Shipito's USPS OK boxes (24"13"13").

Reading through their discussion board, there's people complaining cos they used to be able to consolidate (strip excess packaging) and then do their c.d. how they liked still... But now they are getting collared and shipping held till they match up with what's on the receipt. Only way around this (hopefully) is to keep stuff in original packaging and not let them inside for any reason. You might still be able to consolidate some that way - if your original boxes are small enough. Maybe they don't always care - might have been just the odd case - but looks like they've changed their ways.

Ballsd me right up as I've got some packages that won't fit in Shipito's USPS OK boxes (24"13"13").

Thats never been my experience with Shipito. Yesterday I had 8 packages consolidated and sent to Cambo via USPS EMS.
They took photos of all the contents including invoices. I declared a value around 25% of the invoice value. No problems.
I send everything as a gift, rather than merchandise. Dont know if that makes a difference.

^ if you read their forum, you'll see they've caught people out for it before... Maybe they've stopped now - or it's random. Anyway, good for you - but I didn't want to chance it.

I did 2 shipitos in the last 2 months.. one consolidated one a single.. Both to Thailand.

Both through fine.. USPS 20 USD value.. No tax.

One to bookmark.. If posting from the UK.. ParcelMonkey.com really cheap shipping for bulky and large items.. They seem to outsource it to DHL both packages here in a few days but both were taxed like DHL is, however my stupidly low (entire KTM front end.. 20 USD) value was accepted both times. They do however take the value, add the shipping, tax that then add a processing fee... So still 1000 or so THB.

I did 2 shipitos in the last 2 months.. one consolidated one a single.. Both to Thailand.

Both through fine.. USPS 20 USD value.. No tax.

One to bookmark.. If posting from the UK.. ParcelMonkey.com really cheap shipping for bulky and large items.. They seem to outsource it to DHL both packages here in a few days but both were taxed like DHL is, however my stupidly low (entire KTM front end.. 20 USD) value was accepted both times. They do however take the value, add the shipping, tax that then add a processing fee... So still 1000 or so THB.

Will try the parcelmonkey- good find

My brother also found parcels2go from the UK for heavy stuff..

I have yet to use them but also cheap pricing once it gets into the many kg range.

The first parcel monkey took the usual 5 or maybe 7 days with the customs clearance.. The second one, was posted on Thursday UK time and was at my door Saturday morning Thai time.. Thats less than 48 hours door to door. By far the fastest I have ever had a UK heavy package delivered.

Back
Top Bottom