KTM 390 Duke

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Well since it's showing in Bangkok back in December 2017, the latest offering is now being shipped out, a friend just received his from Bangkok and rode it home to Chiang Rai. Main issue is servicing since official dealers are few and far between so local service will compromise warranties but for a selling price of 210k baht it's a small sacrifice.

I got chance to ride it yesterday and was mightily impressed with the bike, brakes and suspension are impressive and acceleration was surprising, i would consider it a perfect all round bike for North Thailand given some appropriate luggage options.

Below a short video comparing both the new and the older model.

Hi Bob
There is a good chance the Duke was made in China, so I had a quick look on Taobao for luggage options for the 390 Duke so your friend can see the option available.
And let him know RA was the source.

Now I found 3 kits available
1st was from Shad using the SH36 boxes

shad ktm.jpg

shad ktm1.jpg

shad ktm2.jpg

shad ktm4.jpg

Attachments

• shad ktm5.jpg
    shad ktm5.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 434
Thanks Steve will pass on the info.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The 390 is manufactured in India, I believe... by Bajaj , for KTM

The 390 is manufactured in India, I believe... by Bajaj , for KTM

You are correct, the Duke is made in India and also made in China by CFmoto, which place Bob's friend 390 Duke came from I don't know?

You are correct, the Duke is made in India and also made in China by CFmoto, which place Bob's friend 390 Duke came from I don't know?

Came from India as i believe all the newer Duke models do at the moment coming into Thailand.

planning to buy KTM 390 can anyone tell what are the cons for the same. I have a YAMAHA FZ right now and I love my bike honestly but it lack power on Highway sometimes so just need to upgrade mine engine. Just need a quick comparison between Yamaha and KTM

I've been looking at these used, and the prices are unbelievable.

50-60,000 baht for 2015-2017 models of both the Duke 390 and the faired RC390.

Is there a reason for them to depreciate in value so much?

Back
Top Bottom