Krabi - Khao Lak

osprey

First trip report I'm doing so bear with me please. Took this trip a while back and lost the GPS coordinates as well as the names of some of the places (even though I planned and pinned the locations myself..)

It's my first time to the western coast of Thailand and the karst mountains really stood out.

IMG_5074.JPG

The beach looks great even with a paper camera

IMG_5084.JPG

Peaceful town in the morning

IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

Stopped by the Khao phanom bencha national park

IMG_5111.JPG

Not a motorbike crossing

IMG_5115.JPG

Can't remember exactly I was after but I didn't mind roaming around

IMG_5117.JPG

Motorbikes on sale at the supermarket?

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5129.JPG

Somewhere in phang-nga (can't remember the name of this place). Really nice clear water but not many fishes and no swimming allowed.
** Just dug around and found the name. It's "Tha Pom Klong Song Nam" **

IMG_5147.JPG

Came across this "sleeping lady" mountain seen perfectly from a little homestay nearby. The hills were a part of the Than Bok Khorani National Park.

IMG_5157.JPG

The final stretches leading to khao lak were enjoyable twisty roads

The entire stretch around khao lak seemed like plenty of good beaches with minimal tourists, with most visitors (myself included), there for diving.

The beaches around khao lak were fantastic and the pictures speak for themselves

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

The green fields behind the beaches were equally beautiful

IMG_5283.JPG

The area was affected by the 2004 tsunami and most of the locals I've spoken to along the way were impacted by it personally.

IMG_5306.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

There is a small museum near the town where a police boat lies, washed up some 2 kilometers from the beach

IMG_5344.JPG

Again apologies for the lack of more details on certain locations. Somehow the places I tagged on my map disappeared.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.JPG
    IMG_5402.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Nice pictures, thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom