KLX or Dtracker with new tryres

LED Kev

Bikes
Kawa Er6n & KLX 250
Ok guys in the know.

After seeing Phil's recent posting of the dtracker 125 with off road tyres, I was wondering what peoples thought were of taking a dtracker 250 and putting off road tyres on. How do you think it would perform off road?

The reason i bring this up is I was wandering how practical it is to have a bike that can do off road and super motard simply by changing the tyres .

So is it practical, and if so, is it better to have a klx to super motard or a dtracker to off road or is it a case of you must have 2 bikes?

I know there are lot of guys that that do super motard and a lot of guys that do off road up in th earea. Your comments and knowledge is welcomed..

Kevin-

17" motard rims with off-road tires won't work

you will need to get at least 19" rims, ideally 21" on the front -- then you are in KLX land, all the extra wasted cash, why mess around?

Being as tall as you are, the D-Tracker option is attractive for vertically challenged people, not really suited to you.

LED Kev said:
Ok guys in the know.

After seeing Phil's recent posting of the dtracker 125 with off road tyres, I was wondering what peoples thought were of taking a dtracker 250 and putting off road tyres on. How do you think it would perform off road?

The reason i bring this up is I was wandering how practical it is to have a bike that can do off road and super motard simply by changing the tyres .

So is it practical, and if so, is it better to have a klx to super motard or a dtracker to off road or is it a case of you must have 2 bikes?

I know there are lot of guys that that do super motard and a lot of guys that do off road up in th earea. Your comments and knowledge is welcomed..

I was going to buy a D-Tracker and put trail tyres on it but then decided buying the KLX made more sense especially having a 21'' front wheel

Back
Top Bottom