Klim Mojave vs Dakar riding pants -Airflow

bill

Bikes
KTM 500 XCW
My Klim Mojave over boot pants and getting a bit threadbare. Time to replace them

Wondering how well the Dakars flow air with the thigh zips open ?

Sometimes in light rain it would be nice to have the Dakar pant zip option rather than the permanent mesh venting of the Mojave pant.

However, most of the time, maximum venting is the go for Cambodia.

Has anyone owned both ?
How do they compare for airflow ?

Bill I have both & from a ventilation point of view, with the Dakar zips open, i don't think there's a lot in it. The Dakar's are handy in rain as you can shut the vent zips & then are very rain resistant unlike the mesh pants.

Bill I have both & from a ventilation point of view, with the Dakar zips open, i don't think there's a lot in it. The Dakar's are handy in rain as you can shut the vent zips & then are very rain resistant unlike the mesh pants.

Phil, thanks for that info.

I'm planning a roadbike trip to Northern Thailand ~Jan 2015, so I guess for that cooler time of year the Dakars would be more suitable ?
For 99% of my riding in the warm lowlands of Cambo, the more air flow the better so the Mojaves win there.

If anyones interested, there's a sale on atm for Klim Pants at Atomic moto and Revzilla.

Dakar pants give you more control over varying the air flow and temperature. With the big temperature variance between 8am and 1pm at this time of year, could be useful.

Have to agree with Phil i have both, but if you can put up with being a bit chilly in the mornings i would go for the Mojave especially if you plan on lot's of water crossing the Mojave dry out real quick.

Have to agree with Phil i have both, but if you can put up with being a bit chilly in the mornings i would go for the Mojave especially if you plan on lot's of water crossing the Mojave dry out real quick.

Any water crossings on the Duc GT will have a paved cement bridge over it, but I take your point Bob.
Btw, is that bsac as in the British Sub-Aqua Club ? A mates ol man was a founder apparently.

Well spotted Bill yes it is most people mistake it for BSA :DD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TB-Racing Apparel 4
KTMphil Apparel 2
KTMphil Apparel 9
Back
Top Bottom