Kawasaki Z800

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
A quote from 'Motorcycle Thailand'.

"
According to a person who is well informed about the policy Kawasaki Thailand is following, the introduction of the Kawasaki Z800 would at the moment be market technical unadvised. Kawasaki still has stock of the Z1000, which they currently sell at

660,000 THB, and would be hard to justify if they sold the Kawasaki Z800 much cheaper in Thailand.

When the stock and current outstanding orders for the Kawasaki Z1000 are all sold we can expect that Kawasaki Thailand will revaluate the situation. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
"

50444.jpeg

[More...]

no disrespect but i wouldnt believe a word that that website says its the same person was saying it was financially impossible for honda to build and release the new 500 range here when every one else had known for 6 months that they were coming ,2 weeks later they were released and for sale...lol

Posts on Thai visa.. As started wrong as often as he's right and tends to be way to sure of things that are uncertain.

Kawasaki will export sell first to EU and USA where the demand is massive ,and then let a few onto thai market eventually

I think you should explain yourself a little more clearly?

no disrespect but i wouldnt believe a word that that website says its the same person was saying it was financially impossible for honda to build and release the new 500 range here when every one else had known for 6 months that they were coming ,2 weeks later they were released and for sale...lol

I am in UK rode my Ducati monster 750 here over to Alfs motorcycles yesterday he has a Z800 in stock its nice except for the seat which is sloped like a ducati so your nuts are crushed by the tank but that can be fixed , £7299 (385,000 Baht) has made in thailand sticker on the frame , hope to get on a demnostrator soon .

Jerry ...what do you make of the 1100 monster?
I am in UK rode my Ducati monster 750 here over to Alfs motorcycles yesterday he has a Z800 in stock its nice except for the seat which is sloped like a ducati so your nuts are crushed by the tank but that can be fixed , £7299 (385,000 Baht) has made in thailand sticker on the frame , hope to get on a demnostrator soon .

Never sent from an I-Phone

Ordered my wife says I will get it in December ...i. Have just built a house that was a bit more then I could afford
so I have to finance my z800
pi think 375,000 is a good deal
i hate finance but I want it,,,,,,
is it restricted or is it the full deal

Looks fantastic (esp that orange), but I'd like to see the HP & Torque ratings compared to the ER6N. I mean, do the extra 150cc's merit another $100K in price?

^ 60% more quoted power and torque than the 650 Kwaka in a tried and proven model (revised Z750).

Good value IMO.

^ missed that part...quoted 230kg which is 20kg more than my old V4 800!

I wonder how much the exhaust weighs?

I saved about 6kg with a titanium after market slip on job on mine.

230 is a bit on the porky side but if those performance numbers are right that`s a decent power plant under you.

Been watching videos about the Z800 for the last hour now because of this thread... definitely looks like an awesome bike. Heavy or not, seems to be currently rated right up there with best of the class.

^ missed that part...quoted 230kg which is 20kg more than my old V4 800!

Holy moley..

I think my early 90s 900 was 185kg.. Before the strip down !!

ahh ok.. I think the blade was over 200 wet, that tanks a big un.

Looks decent.. Hard to see how they will shift many 1000s now with the price difference.

Why the hell is this modern bike/ piece of new technology so heavy?

Kinda my thoughts too.. How can a 20 year old 900 be so much lighter and have more bhp.. You would have thought it would have progressed more.

Same steel frame/chassis as the old 750... Most reviews on it talk about the weight problem.

EDIT: If all the roads you're going to ride are newly surfaced (like some of the best bits up north are) then I wouldn't worry too much about the weight - especially if you're a bigger guy. But, if the road surfaces often change from good to bad with little/no warning - with odd dodgy bits dotted around (like up north) - personally I'd prefer something lighter. Obviously lots of tight corners makes a difference too...

(Which means the K 650 unless you want an import - though a 4 pot would be nice. The older ABS 650 was 182 kg dry but I think the latest put on some weight.)

^ yeah same steel frame as the Z750 with extra bracing around the engine.

Forks are from the Z1000 and the engine based on the Z900 all to keep costs down for the budget/naked bike class.

I think the extra weight is justifiable if you got a rock solid unit under you...especially at the price point.....it`s an infinitely better bike than the Chinese Benelli straight 4 discussed previously.

While you don`t want extra weight around the city or for slow speed riding it`s really makes a bike more sure and stable on the open road.

All that with plentiful parts and local dealer backup....i`d certainly go for one over an ER6N!

I agree about it being a porker,,but what else is there for the money?
its a good bike reasonably priced for Thailand ,when I thing of the bikes I was looking at 6 Years ago when I 1st settled here its a good deal
it will never be a Ducati ,triumph ,or KLM but it's less than half the price,
i can afford a relatively fast, reliable ,bike with a dealer warranty and back up service
This will be my 4th kwaka in 1 year simply because of price

^Fair play - enjoy!

I'll maybe try one out if any of the rental companies around get them in...

I respect your opinion Phil you have forgot more about bikes than I know.
what would you buy mate?,,,,,I dropped my Versys ,,,left it on the stand and it fell over and picked easily it up quite embarrassed
but what is the weight thing when when you are riding?
am I missing something here if its rubber side down and tight on weird corners
thats a good bike innit?
my Versys is great bike here but is a Ducati a better bike
i really vvalue the opinion of you fellas,,I know nothing really,,hence the reason I visit these forums

Ye but the duck is like a poor mans porche
Is there any where you can try the Ducati out in los
i personally think it's not a better bike from from what I have read

Your right though that's the closest rival in Thai ,,,you still haven't educated me
what would you give your hard earned on ?

Just my 2 cents but if I had to choose I would have to go monster @ just about 100 lbs lighter
Problem is you cannot get the non ABS model monster anymore & I do not care for or want ABS

The Kawasaki is as many say a nice price point for a 4 cylinder but I am not buying a 500 pound sport bike no matter
how many magazine pundits say weight does not mater when riding.

Weight always matters & if you like it tight & twisty it matters a LOT period.
You need to accelerate & decelerate that weight constantly. Also in really nice twisty stuff you will
feel its lack of flick-ability.

I lifted one off its side stand & was just stunned literally. I thought it was a wide glide Harley or something
:)

Test rides are available here

"There are test ride hopefully already happening at motoaholic as you can see on their facebook account.

By: news (offline) on Friday, 04 October 2013 @ 08:24 AM ICT

That is great news, you can contact Motoaholic at:

Motoaholic Co.,Ltd
544 Taksin Road Bukkalo Thonburi Bangkok 10600
Call Center line 086-905-0888
Telephone 02-876-6040-1
Fax 02-876-5884

Sales department at Telephone: 02-876-6040-1 ,087-494-2111, 086-905-0888

Or by there website http://www.motoaholic.com

(Motorcycle Thailand)

Back
Top Bottom