Joe Bar

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
All, I am a great fan of the Joe Bar motorbike comics, I have all of them in Dutch and I regularly read them again and always new details pop up every time. Many of you will not be familiar with the comic as they are typically famous in the French, Belgium and The Netherlands. Here is a link to a page with some samples in English: Joe Bar Team If some of you are interested I will have a look around to see if I can find English translations when in Holland?

Thanks, that takes me back a bit.
I remember buying a JBT/Ducati T shirt at Le Mans - only to find they had given me a Kawasaki one when I got home and unwrapped it.
T.

Hi T, was that the shirt with Jean-Raoul Ducable? Pun on " J'enroule du cable" which means as much as rolling in the (gas) cable. He was driving a Kawasaki 750 H2.
The guy on the Ducati is called Guido Brasletti which is an Italian looking wording of "guidon bracelet" which in French means clip ons......
Typical French and typical they switched your shirt too :-)

Hi again.
Yes, that's the one, I gave it to a friend with a 750 triple - think it's still in his attic (the bike). If we take a rain check when we're in France next w/e I will see if there are any replacements in the local shops now I have my Ducatis on the road again (ish).
T.

Hi T, I worked in the North of France for a couple of years, lovely area for a Duc!
There's a couple of Joe Bar T-shirts available and even could be made in Thailand.
Not sure if the work is still copyrighted??

Joe Bar team members volume 1:

My avatar, Jean Manchzeck, Norton Commando 850:
a>

Edouard Bracame
, Honda CB750:
a>

Guido Brasletti, Ducati 900SS:
naamloos.png

Jean-Raoul Ducable, Kawasaki H2:

a>

I believe only volume 1 is translated in English, in total 7 albums were made, here is a typical scene:

YES, managed to get Joe Bar 8 when in Holland, series complete again.
Joe_Bar_8.jpg

UK had Ogri (bike magazine).

Ogri_1559930c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom