Is this right or wrong ?????

Samurai

Bikes
BMW 1200 GS
In February we are in Chiang Mai 6 person. We rent already 6 motorbikes and get the permit from the owner to ride in Laos too. My friend contact a travel agency in Laos. They wrote a mail its not alowed tor ride with 6 bikes without a guide in Laos. The want a little bit more than 2000 US $ for a guide. We cant believe it.:umm: They say when the police catch us we become a lot of trouble. Who know is it right ? We want to go over the bridge in Chiangkong.

I've heard about this before. I'm sure there could be ways around it like entering the country at different times etc., or just don't go to Laos if you don't want to pay or risk any trouble.

I've heard about this before. I'm sure there could be ways around it like entering the country at different times etc., or just don't go to Laos if you don't want to pay or risk any trouble.

In the past there have been some problems with bikes in a group entering Laos. As far as I know this is no longer enforced and I have recently seen groups of Thai bikes (some 30 bikes) entering at Huay Khon/Mueang Ngeun (north of Nan) on their way to Vietnam without problems. To be on the sure side you can split up the group in 2 parts with one group entering and the second group about half an hour later and you should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom