Ireland; advice appreciated

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Last year I received some excellent suggestion from RideAsians re roads and sites to see in England, Wales and Scotland.
This all helped make my UK tour thoroughly enjoyable. So enjoyable that I didn't have enough time to ride Ireland!

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...rts/4054-steam-trains-castles-old-harley.html

In a few months time I'll be riding Ireland and would appreciate info from those who have been there.
So far I have the usual major 'musts', which include

Ring of Kerry

MI_PlacesVisit_TourismIreland.jpg

Cliffs of Moher

Trim Castle

Guinness factory

Boyne Palace

Dingle Peninsular

Your advice would be appreciated.

Bera peninsula / west cork / from bantry bay out to castletownbare around the rugged end to allehies (spelling).. Family friends used to live out the very end of this peninsula, next stop USA, in a buddhist retreat on the cliff top.. Back to Kenmare near where I lived as a kid and out the ring of Kerry..

In fact I would say the whole western coastal route leaving cork to skibbereen and including the next peninsuala up from the ring of kerry to include dingle bay and coming back to tralee is all must do stuff.

Its been many years since I was there but its a really special bit of the world when the sun shines (which can be rare !!)..

I was unaware of its name but looking on a map yes I am pretty sure I have (not ridden).. The old thin lizzy "when I was crossing over, the cork to kerry mountains" comes to mind.. From memory tho its not a real wowser.. Theres loads of mountain rds to tip around on in the region.

My uncle / auntie and cousins were part of the first wave of tinkers / new age travellers that set up on cool mountain in dunmanway, another great place when the sun shines but it so rarely does there. The area has such strange microclimates where the coastal area gets so much less rainfall than just 20 miles inland as clouds condense after hitting the landmass. It ended up being a large community of alternative types who built their own off grid places around that mountain.

Thank you BobS for the research material.
Pretty well have all Irish bases covered now … maybe!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels International Ride Reports 3