Introducing the Kawasaki 650 Vulcan S

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
72120.jpg

Kawasaki's new ER6-powered cruiser: the Vulcan S - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown

"Already unveiled in the US, the Vulcan S uses the 649cc parallel-twin engine from the Versys 650 and ER6 range, but detuned for more cruiser-like bottom-end and mid-range."

(Visordown)

If its Thai made there should be a sensibly priced cruiser on sale here soon, considerably cheaper than the 900 Vulcan

2015-kawasaki-vulcan-s-revealed-looks-like-a-jewel-videophoto-gallery_3(1).jpg

Looks like it might be unveiled (then available?) in Thailand at the next Bangkok Motorbike Festival
from January 28th to February 1st 2015.

Will be very interesting to see how Kawasaki Thailand handle the pricing.
Ignore the '2012' bit in the link.

The Bangkok Motorbike Festival 2012

they have not mentioned the seat height but i am praying its low enough for Djaer to ride as its narrow and would be a perfect replacem,ent for her 250 rebel ,,,but she is only 1m46cm and mostbikes are just too high or too wide or both.she needs 66cm seat height

$6,999 (or $7,399 with ABS),

I bet the Thai price will be a lot higher though

28'' is 70cm she will need to lose about 2'' off that and some pull back bars ,, lets hope it fits when she tries it ,,,yamaha bolt 950 was way to big for her ,,,

it will be made in thailand so price should be around 240k

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, built here but transported to the US and sold cheaper there

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, built here but transported to the US and sold cheaper

there

Not true USA has import duty but the biggest misnomer is STATE sales taxes , delivery charges and extra dealer costs ..normally not included in the sticker price

For instance UK the sticker price of a bike like triumph bonny 895 might be £7000 on the road , same bike in USA sits in dealer showroom priced $7000 ..... must be cheaper ??? er NO because you have to add federal tax , state sales taxes , delivery charge ,inspection charges ,registration charge ....... that lot can add up to 35% depending on which state ,to the bikes price so $7000 becomes $10.450,,, with all those charges so price is then almost same as uk

Thanks for the info on that Jerry, I was thinking the US prices I saw were on the road prices.

Perhaps if everyone who prints prices in various countries could state the on the road price it would be a lot more informative and helpful and not so misleading

Interesting that the Bonneville is £6,799 (340,000 Baht) on the road in the UK but here where its made its 420,000, piss taking or import charges?

Thanks for the info on that Jerry, I was thinking the US prices I saw were on the road prices.

Perhaps if everyone who prints prices in various countries could state the on the road price it would be a lot more informative and helpful and not so misleading

Interesting that the Bonneville is £6,799 (340,000 Baht) on the road in the UK but here where its made its 420,000, piss taking or import charges?

Bikes manufactured here aren't subject to import charges but there's still excise and VAT for us to pay into the Thai government's coffers.

Bikes manufactured here aren't subject to import charges but there's still excise and VAT for us to pay into the Thai government's coffers.

The bit about import charges was sarcasm Craig

The Honda CB 500X is made here and retails for 215,000 Baht, its exported to the UK where its on the road price is 275,000 Baht, about 28% dearer.
The Bonneville should be about 265,000 Baht here, 28% extra gives us the UK price
The Bonneville is 155,000 Baht overpriced in Thailand in my books, who is pocketing this money, the dealer?

The bit about import charges was sarcasm Craig

The Honda CB 500X is made here and retails for 215,000 Baht, its exported to the UK where its on the road price is 275,000 Baht, about 28% dearer.
The Bonneville should be about 265,000 Baht here, 28% extra gives us the UK price
The Bonneville is 155,000 Baht overpriced in Thailand in my books, who is pocketing this money, the dealer?

I agree, bikes here are overpriced. The market is becoming ever more dynamic and expanding but the prices we are paying is still an issue... the price of 'Living the dream' I suppose! (I can do sarcasm too :D)

The first Vulcan from Chiang Mai Kawasaki has been sold to a Thai rider ...

IMG_0910.jpg

..... and a white one is on display ...

IMG_0912.jpg

.... which couldn't be started because they'd removed the battery.
I was told a demo bike will be available "next month", as will the full accessories range.

Back
Top Bottom