IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

RideAsiaAdmin

Administrator
RideAsia.net now has a new owner.

Auke ('Lone Rider') is the new owner and Bob ('bsacbob') has taken over again as forum Administrator.

RideAsia.net no longer has any affiliation with any commercial business in Chiang Mai, namely Riders Corner.

The previous owner of RideAsia (Phil Gibbins aka 'KTMphil') has sold the domain ownership and also handed over the Facebook group page to Auke.

The previous owner no longer has any connection with RideAsia.net but remains a registered member. He has no moderation or administrative role in the forum.

We will soon be making improvements to the site and will seek your input in doing this.
The site has become a little quiet in recent times and some previously regular subscribers have gone 'missing in action', so we plan to revive and improve the site and return it to being as dynamic and significant as it once was.

We acknowledge the effort by the site's previous owner in helping to create RideAsia and for being such an energetic contributor since the site opened in 2011 along with continued contributions from other members. We also acknowledge the excellent work done by previous Administrators and Moderators, especially Ally and Bob.

So if you have 'jumped ship' recently then why not jump back on board?

If you have gone quiet, why not join the regular contributors and have your say?

If you have procrastinated and only thought about joining, you will be welcome aboard!
We will also modify the site registration procedure.

Auke and Bob will maintain the site as it is for a while and then we will be looking for your input with a view to making significant improvements.

Whilst we fully understand it will be hard going to breath new life into the forum, we are sure with your help we will succeed.

Best wishes and safe riding from the new RideAsia.net team.

I wish you well Auke.
With Bob at your side it makes a great team.
Steve

Hi All, thanks for your efforts and hope they are successful. Also thanks to the original creator of the site which helped me so much when I first came/went to Thailand.
I wonder if the downturn is partly due to a change in the pattern of Thailand biking, possibly fewer 'medium term' visitors due to economics and visa rules and more short term bikers who are using set packages from tour companies. I have noticed a similar drop off in contributions to another site, most being made by full time expats.

Hi All, thanks for your efforts and hope they are successful. Also thanks to the original creator of the site which helped me so much when I first came/went to Thailand.
I wonder if the downturn is partly due to a change in the pattern of Thailand biking, possibly fewer 'medium term' visitors due to economics and visa rules and more short term bikers who are using set packages from tour companies. I have noticed a similar drop off in contributions to another site, most being made by full time expats.

Thanks Tim, without a doubt social media has made a big impact on forums such as Ride Asia, however social media such as Facebook doesn't function well for posting ride reports etc as they simply get lost in the system. With forums such as ours we are continually creating a huge searchable database or places to stay, points of interest and ride reports.

Best wishes to you Auke & Bob, thank you very much for your kind words :)

Hope your forum improvements are not too onerous on the site Admin.

Good News! Make RideAsia Great again! ;-)
All the best Auke and Bob!

Best wishes guys. I know you will do well.

Thanks to Phil for getting it all going.

Good news, thanks Phil and good luck Auke and Bob!

The site has left good hands and gone to other good hands :ride:

The changes were needed and deeply appreciated. Here's wishing Auke and Bob all the best righting the ship and getting it sailing forward full steam ahead.

The changes were needed and deeply appreciated. Here's wishing Auke and Bob all the best righting the ship and getting it sailing forward full steam ahead.

Thanks Justin, good to have you back, it is the contributions from such as yourself that helped make RideAsia what it was, we hope to rekindle that fire.

Thank God.

Previous owner was the most despicable person ever.
He called principal of Singapore school where I teach and told them I am pedophile. It was the worst moment of my life.

Thank God.

Previous owner was the most despicable person ever.
He called principal of Singapore school where I teach and told them I am pedophile. It was the worst moment of my life.

Hard to respond to that, but the past is the past and time to move on and put such things behind us and hope you will continue to support the forum in the future.

Yes, Bob

You are correct we all need to move on.

RA is a great forum and we all need to do our part to keep it that way.

For 2 years I was banned, but don't hold a grudge I just see it as not my lost but RA lost?

So Bikerbob great you are back.

Wow, some big shoes to fill... I work over seas and spend a lot of time reading ride reports. Most of which seem to be started by Phil. Seems the hay days were back between 2012 - 2015.

I look forward to the site improvement. I would love to share more of my adventure but my experience loading picture to write up ride report has been extremely frustrating... Load the pictures write the comments in only to have the site stall out losing everything.

Wish Phil and yourselves best of luck...

Great news! Phil started a great site with good intentions but as he himself can be abrasive at times, yet not quite tollerate being criticised about it definitely took a turn to the quiet allies...catering to primadonnas, with more commercial content then needed, for the sake of postings sure didn't help. Great to see that new life is coming.

Hopefully we can get back to kicking back and shooting the shit and enjoying the humor section (and maybe let it spill over a bit) without taking everything personal and running away because we don't like one or another idiot...in the end we're adults and foremost bikers, wether old experienced farts or newbies. I know i'm probably the oldest dinosaur here (I just rode a ténéré from Chiasso (Switzerland) to Sihanoukville without a gps) and my sarcasm can be a little much at times but hey, we all have our quirks so lets just overlook our devils so we can enjoy our angels...welcome back everyone.
Alex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom