Hyperpro Suspension

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Has anyone used the rear suspension and front fork springs from this company and if so was it a vast improvement on the OE?
The GS 310 is a bit lacking in the suspension department and needs sorting out if I am going to keep it.
One of the guys at the BMW dealer recommended it and said I could get both front and rear units for £500, 20000 Baht

Last edited:
Hi Colin,

Yes, many years ago my partner had her DR650 suspension tuned in their workshop in Holland. They replaced the springs at both ends, put thicker oil in and I think they changed the damping in the rear. It turned her wallowing trail bike into a brick hard supermoto. She loved it, but I prefer my suspension to eat the bumps, rather than pass them directly to my spine. She said the handling was vastly improved.

Thanks for that Peter.
I phoned two shops today asking for quotes to do the job and the 2nd one which was recommended for all suspension work questioned me on why I wanted Hyperpro, he said they are progressive suspension and in his opinion linear was a lot better.
He will see what other companies offer fork springs for my bike and contact me sometime next week.
I know Rally Raid do it but they are mainly setting up bikes for offroad riding, I only want it for the road

... and in his opinion linear was a lot better.
That's a pretty sweeping statement, akin to saying trail bikes are better. I would like to know his reasoning.

You can contact Hyperpro's chief engineer Peter van den Bogaard on Facebook. Sorry, I don't have any better contact for him. Progressive is harder to do than linear, read more expensive, so they must have a pretty good reason for doing it. At the time I was impressed with how they did the DR suspension, but again, there is no way I would have it in my bike, it's just way too hard for me.

I am interested to hear how you get on. What exactly do you not like about the GS suspension?

What exactly do you not like about the GS suspension?

Its not very good on the bumpy back roads and every road test says its far too soft, the 310 is built down to a price and I guess the cheap suspension shows this

Isn't it strange, that after all these decades of producing bikes we are still looking to after market outfits to make our bikes handle well? Having seen how Hyperpro modified the DR suspension I do not believe it would cost a manufacturer a bean to set up a suspension correctly. I think it's mostly down to marketing: you can't have a small cheap bike handle as well as a big expensive one.

IMG_6126.JPG
Had the Hyperpro fork springs and rear shock installed on the GS 310 and its a totally different bike now, much smoother, firmer and better going through the bends.
IMG_6127.JPG
Had the BMW dealer install it for me, they gave me a good price to do it all. £270, 10800 Baht.
A special tool is needed which is £86 from Hyperpro but BMW make one so the dealer ordered one for their workshop which was a saving for me.
IMG_6128.JPG

IMG_6130.JPG

IMG_6130a.JPG
I am really happy with the results and glad I forked out the cash on it, now to just enjoy riding it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Captain_Slash Bike Talk 0
esspressolungo Bike Talk 18
KTMphil Bike Talk 0
LivinLOS Bike Talk 19
Back
Top Bottom