Honda NC750 (Supercharged)

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
nc750-supercharged.png

Honda?s supercharged NC750 | MCN

I have rode the NC700X and liked it, the ultra low revving engine made a pleasant change, it would be a very interesting machine fitted with a supercharger

Interesting but sometimes I ask myself what walk of life some of these morons come from to write bull shit like "Intercoolers are useful on any forced-induction engine because the act of compressing the intake air also creates a lot of heat. Hot intake air is less dense than cold air, harming performance. With an intercooler, boost can safely be increased"......NEWS FLASH: this is not a turbo charger where intake air gets heated from the hot exhaust gases passing near by - at a safe 6 to 8 PSI boost there is less heat created then your mom's farts produce.

It would surprise me but if Honda truly plans an intercooler placed before the buffer tank its to get an extra couple of degrees less in air temperature to do who knows what...unless their supercharger design has an issue of picking up a lot of heat from the engine for some reason (or they opted for a vane pump in which case they would add extra heat)...but Honda wouldn't build anything such amateurish now would they?

The article is pure speculation - just because there's storage space above the engine doesn't mean that Honda is planning to put a supercharger there.
And like the author of the article mentions, it takes years until a blown model would enter the market.
By that time I'm sure that IF Honda had such plans they'd come up with a new design, not add something onto an old model.
I'd be happy with a 50 hp NC; there are plenty other bikes with 100 and more hp to choose from.
I'd be interested in a supercharged NC400 single that performs like a 750 but is lighter and uses even less gas.

Old thread this, I know, but is the NC750X available in Thailand without massive tax being added? I know it's available as I saw one when I was over. How much is it? I guess I'm asking. Thanks, Nick.

Thanks, Forest. I assume it's the manual one that's available in Thailand. I think that's a fair bit more expensive than in Europe. Quite heavy, as well, but it carries its weight low. I don't suppose you've ridden one?

Its the dual clutch model sold in Thailand
£6899 is the Uk price which is pretty much the same as the Thai price of 356,000 Baht

So this will be the clutch on the new 1,000cc Honda Africa Twin.

most probably, but apparently thre will be a choice of manual as well..I like the concept and the clutchless gear at your fingertips can help in some occasions .beside NCX I rode also VFR1200X .gave it a go to a Honda test ride day in CM.kind of liked it.

PS. DCT is around 10kg heavier

most probably, but apparently thre will be a choice of manual as well..I like the concept and the clutchless gear at your fingertips can help in some occasions .beside NCX I rode also VFR1200X .gave it a go to a Honda test ride day in CM.kind of liked it.

PS. DCT is around 10kg heavier

Explains why the NC750X is so heavy. Relatively speaking. Did the NC750X impress at all? If you had a choice of conventional clutch or DCT, which one would you go for?

Explains why the NC750X is so heavy. Relatively speaking. Did the NC750X impress at all? If you had a choice of conventional clutch or DCT, which one would you go for?

between NCX750 with or without DCT? immediately would chose Tenere XT660 ,Thee ADV bike ,par excellance :giving:

jokes apart. the choice is very personal.some people like it some swear they would never buy it..I kind of like it

Cheers, Forest. Well, anyway, I'll be buying a CRF250L when I move to northern Thailand next year. No such concerns as DCT!

Back
Top Bottom