Honda Launches CRF300L & CRF300 Rally Overseas, America Next?

Rss

Bikes
Yes
While we were waiting for news this week about an updated CRF250L and CRF250 Rally coming to Japan, something even more exciting happened; Honda launched a CRF300L and CRF300 Rally in Thailand. Ever since Honda’s pint-sized Adventure bike — the CRF250 Rally — was released in 2017, many riders have been begging for a 300 […]

The post Honda Launches CRF300L & CRF300 Rally Overseas, America Next? appeared first on ADV Pulse.

zG9COJ0HnLY

More...

Sounds great:

The heart of the new CRF300 platform is a 286cc fuel-injected DOHC engine mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine puts out 31 horsepower and 19.3 ft-lbs of torque compared to the previous 250cc engine’s 22.8 horsepower and 16 ft-lbs of torque. That’s a 36% increase in power which is sure to give both bikes even greater long-range cruising capability for the highway, along with more hill climbing grunt for the trail. To make it even more manageable to ride aggressively, Honda has also added a slipper clutch.

Sounds great:

The heart of the new CRF300 platform is a 286cc fuel-injected DOHC engine mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine puts out 31 horsepower and 19.3 ft-lbs of torque compared to the previous 250cc engine’s 22.8 horsepower and 16 ft-lbs of torque. That’s a 36% increase in power which is sure to give both bikes even greater long-range cruising capability for the highway, along with more hill climbing grunt for the trail. To make it even more manageable to ride aggressively, Honda has also added a slipper clutch.

A little nitpicking - the 2012-2016Crfs had 22,8 HP, the 2017-2020 Crfs and Rally have 24,4 HP.

But overall its great upgrades on an already great bike. More power, more tourque, lighter, slipper clutch, bigger tank on the Rally - its gonna be a winner for sure!

A little nitpicking - the 2012-2016Crfs had 22,8 HP, the 2017-2020 Crfs and Rally have 24,4 HP.

But overall its great upgrades on an already great bike. More power, more tourque, lighter, slipper clutch, bigger tank on the Rally - its gonna be a winner for sure!

Indeed. I've got an Acerbis tank on one of my CRFs - and managed to squeeze 12.8 litres into it on Friday. It's useful.

A 36% increase in power out of about 15% increase of cc sounds a bit much. I'd say the 31 hp figure is at the crank, while the above mentioned 24,4 hp is at the rear wheel. If you strap the 300 to a dyno you'd probably get around 26 hp and more torque, which makes more sense.

We had a bit of a "test" a few months back. There were CRF250s - standard and modified, CRF300L - with pipe, and I was on an XR250 - standard. I was heaviest by a reasonable margin at 120kg... and also first to 100kph. Not a lot between any of the bikes. XR is best in the rough due to lower weight. Torque makes the 300 nice to ride. Rev the 250s and there's not a lot of difference on the ride.

Back
Top Bottom