Honda CRF250L wanted

Buy a new, they are not very expensive. Ask where to buy at any Honda dealer.

As per other threads.. He doesnt want to wait with a red plate and its associated legal restrictions..

His reason for buying second hand is not cost but speed to be able to cross borders and legally use the bike after dark out of province (commonly ignored I know but still..).

Buy a new, they are not very expensive. Ask where to buy at any Honda dealer.

My issues with buying a new one is it takes too long to get the plates which may limit me from traveling out of Thailand
And I understand a dealer won't sell me a bike until I have my residency.
I want to get on two wheels asap
But if I can find a good used CRF, then I may have to go the new bike route

Actually dealers often have 'fixers' who can make things happen smoother.. They do it all for you.

But you will probably still need the letter of residency / address confirm.

My issues with buying a new one is it takes too long to get the plates which may limit me from traveling out of Thailand
I want to get on two wheels asap
But if I can find a good used CRF, then I may have to go the new bike route

In Pattaya/Chon Buri you get the letter of residency the day after you apply or the same day if you manage to smooth talk the immigration. All you need is your passport, copies of passport, two passport photos and some sort of document showing your address from the place you are staying at like a business card or bill. This is a very easy process in Pattaya/Chon Buri at least. If you buy a second hand bike with a plate it will still take about a month to transfer the ownership, at least in Pattaya/Chon Buri. In theory, if you land in the morning, check into a guesthouse asap, run down to immigration with a business card from the guest house, your passport and a big friendly smile, you could buy a bike (new or used) the same day as you land.

In Pattaya/Chon Buri you get the letter of residency the day after you apply or the same day if you manage to smooth talk the immigration. All you need is your passport, copies of passport, two passport photos and some sort of document showing your address from the place you are staying at like a business card or bill. This is a very easy process in Pattaya/Chon Buri at least. If you buy a second hand bike with a plate it will still take about a month to transfer the ownership, at least in Pattaya/Chon Buri. In theory, if you land in the morning, check into a guesthouse asap, run down to immigration with a business card from the guest house, your passport and a big friendly smile, you could buy a bike (new or used) the same day as you land.

Now this is getting exciting!!!! Good news. I hope you are right.

Back
Top Bottom