Honda confirms production of the X-ADV adventure scooter

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Will be shown at the Milan show on November 8th

honda scooter by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Honda Motorcycle has confirmed that the X-ADV adventure scooter will be going into production and will be makes its public debut at the upcoming EICMA Motor Show in Milan scheduled to commence from November 8. The Honda X-ADV is an adventure crossover scooter based on the City Adventure concept and was first displayed at EICMA last year.Honda has been teasing the adventure scooter in a series of videos and the model certainly seems exciting, capable of going and off roads. Honda says the X-ADV combines the spirit of adventure with all-round performance, practicality and comfort for urban commuting and weekend escapes.

As part of the features list, the Honda X-ADV includes an upright riding position for high visibility and long travel suspension to handle the rough road surfaces. In addition, the model will come with a 5-stage adjustable windscreen and storage space for an off-road style helmet. Furthermore, the adventure scooter will come with dual sport tyres, LED headlights with DRLs, adjustable seat and much more.
2017-honda-x-adv_827x510_61473935703.jpg

Cr: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-x-a...on-confirmed-debut-at-2016-eicma-show-1459076

I dont see anywhere in that article a confirmation from Honda? That website only claim that Honda confirmes....That said, I do belive Honda will start production of this model soon.

I dont see anywhere in that article a confirmation from Honda? That website only claim that Honda confirmes....That said, I do belive Honda will start production of this model soon.

Oh it's coming alright, otherwise why the official Honda teaser ads? Only question is, who's going to buy the thing???

Spoke wheels with tubeless tyres like all adventure bikes should have

I am finally living here now and have toyed with all sorts of bike possibilities: MT-09, MT-07, XSR900, NC750X etc etc, but the X-ADV is the one I'm buying.

Maybe, but this isn't the X-ADV which is the subject of this thread.
Well the name of this thread is, Honda confirms production of the X-ADV adventure scooter and I think my Airblade looks like the X-ADV on steroids.
Picture of X-ADV below so what am I missing Algarve Nick?2017-Honda-X-ADV-adventure-scooter-07.jpg

The obvious is to me it looks like my Airblade on steroids, period. If you are going to buy one no problem and happy motoring with it.hairy biker

Not to me, but it's nothing to fall out about. I tell you what, a city scooter I rate is the Yamaha Aerox 155R. Have you ridden one of those, rdrokit?

Not to me, but it's nothing to fall out about. I tell you what, a city scooter I rate is the Yamaha Aerox 155R. Have you ridden one of those, rdrokit?

Actually don't ride the Airblade very much since I bought my Stallions 400 scrambler. At 160kgs it's light enough for city traffic plus it can cruise at 120kph all day long. I'm a big guy at 193cm and 95kg so I like a bigger bike than a scooter.IMGP0005.jpg

The Stallions Scrambler is a lovely bike. One I considered. How many km have you done on it from New? 100 per cent reliable?

The Stallions Scrambler is a lovely bike. One I considered. How many km have you done on it from New? 100 per cent reliable?
My bike was one of the first bikes to be sold (14 months ago) and the early bikes had ECU problems and I had mine replaced under warranty. Since then I have put on 10,000km without a problem. My friend has a Stallions CT 400 with over 20,000km and he too had to replace the ECU under warranty and is problem free. The chrome is not the best as with most Chinese bikes but my scrambler has almost no chrome so I have had no rust problems. I keep it under a motorcycle cover in the garage when not in use. I think the motor is great as it is a direct copy of the old Honda XBR500 except the Stallions is EFI where the Honda had a carburetor.
Good thread on Thai Visa about the Stallions 400 if you are interested.
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/846620-stallions-400cc-any-good/

Thanks, rdrokit, I'll read that thread. I bet it;s good on petrol.

This is probably somewhere on the thread but in case it isn't here is a good comparison. The Genuine brand is what they are called in the US. In England the same bike is branded as Mash.
Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-11_06_44-PM.jpg

This is probably somewhere on the thread but in case it isn't here is a good comparison. The Genuine brand is what they are called in the US. In England the same bike is branded as Mash.
View attachment 60401

I knew the Stallion/Mash was quicker than the opposition. If you take the SR400 as a comparison, the Stallion, as you point out, is a sleeved-down version of the GB500 and puts out more bhp than the SR. Not surprising as it has a four valve head. Somewhat surprisingly, it is far more economical. Mind you, I can remember my XT500E not being particularly economical. During the 80s, I went to Portugal and back three times and Greece once on it.

Stallions scrambler 400- owner out there - just bought my second hand 600km. Is there re fine adjustment/tuning? That I need to be done? Hard to put in neutral and sometime 1st and 2nd- feels like it just need a bit adjustments.
Engine idle sometime stay up high 2-3k after running around hot. And SOMTHING engine cutout when coasting slowing to stop.- o2 sensors?
Anything I need to be aware of ? Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom