Hill Climb Doi Pui - Finally got to the Top!!

LUFC

Bikes
Berg 300, KTM 350, Trials Scoot
Had a bash at this hill climb today, the most difficult one I've tried, VERY steep, lots of roots, it's really only for trials bikes.

No converted mopeds or XR250's have got anywhere near the top of this 100% guaranteed!

I ran out of skill and courage as it gets so steep with big roots to wheelie over there's a real chance of flipping the bike.

Re: Hill Climb Doi Pui

I had a look today, it's the one I told you I'd like to ride down on a pushbike?
have got a gpx track

alexuk said:
So how far up did you actually get?

Approx 1 minute walk to the top when I stopped.

No GPX file, but if you look at the first video you'll recognize the road from the village I'm sure.

KTMphil said:
Darren's GPS is doing some crazy things when recording, will need to talk to Auke about it's settings, but we've managed to pull the "Erzberg" trail data out

[attachment=0:251wdi30]darren erzberg trail.jpg[/attachment:251wdi30]

Phil,

This is the "Erzberg" trail, not the hillclimb.

OK, so you went up erzberg right to the other trails. The erzberg post gps pic only shows up to halfway.

Oh, that one I know when Kiyo introduced me to that one maybe 10 years ago, that is a real bitch. George and me made it about 75 % before we collapsed in sweat and tears, this hill is one hill climb, I don't remember if Kiyo made it all the way up, I just remember I couldn't and until now nothing has changed...this is on challenging mountain

esspressolungo said:
Oh, that one I know when Kiyo introduced me to that one maybe 10 years ago, that is a real bitch. George and me made it about 75 % before we collapsed in sweat and tears, this hill is one hill climb, I don't remember if Kiyo made it all the way up, I just remember I couldn't and until now nothing has changed...this is on challenging mountain

Kiyo never made it either! He tried again last week on the 400.

I'm determined to get to the top and I'll try and set up the helmet cam better this time, better learn how to use a GPS properly too.

LUFC said:
esspressolungo said:

Kiyo never made it either! He tried again last week on the 400.

I'm determined to get to the top and I'll try and set up the helmet cam better this time, better learn how to use a GPS properly too.

Vot seems to be za problem ,is it grip ? If zo perhaps let that trials tire down to about 5psi . Zis if you remember is vot vi did vhen we last did the back o the night safari in wet conditions and as far as i remember it made a big ol difference .

I've moved it

LUFC said:
KTMphil said:
Darren's GPS is doing some crazy things when recording, will need to talk to Auke about it's settings, but we've managed to pull the "Erzberg" trail data out

[attachment=0:2f56d0o1]darren erzberg trail.jpg[/attachment:2f56d0o1]

Phil,

This is the "Erzberg" trail, not the hillclimb.

I began it, with the entrance being the worst bit, but my riding buddy was worn out by then, so we are saving it for another day. Good work on that one!

You'll enjoy this hill climb Harry, except for the last bit!

This is an attempt I made at the same hill last week, only showing the very top of the hill climb which still eludes me by about 10m.

LUFC said:

This is an attempt I made at the same hill last week, only showing the very top of the hill climb which still eludes me by about 10m.

looking good is this where we going tomoro ?

paulmaehia said:
LUFC said:

looking good is this where we going tomoro ?

Yep, give yourself a challenge and take the D-Tracker.

Well I finally managed to get to the top of this hill climb, Paul W came along on his Gasgas 280 trials bike and made it look pretty easy, particularly on his 2nd and 3rd attempts.

I on the other hand, was sweating like a cornered nun as I paddled my way up to the top on the 300.

1,665m elevation according to the GPS.

Good job fella ! sounded like bare minimum of grip at the bottom . Where there any signs of tire tracks at the top ?

Wow, very cool, by the way I tried to call You but all I got was the voice mail box...congrats buddies

Back
Top Bottom