Hi from UK - BKK Bound.

Bluesteel

Bikes
BMW R1200GS Adv, BMW HP4C, KTM450SXF.
Hi All!

I'm Duncan - Just popping in to say hi! I'm packing up shop here in the UK and heading for Bangkok at the end of July. Hopefully I will be on 2 wheels real soon and would love a little advice on getting some track time somewhere and also some ride-outs. I have a BMW HP4C waiting for me in BKK so look forward to getting on it. If all goes well I should be hitting the dirt too so any suggestions on mx and enduro tracks/trails welcome. I'm used to hiring a van to move the dirtbike around - what is the best option in Thailand?
I'll ship my BMW Adventure out in Jan/Feb as apparently I can only keep it in the country for 6 months but intend to tour north Thailand and maybe Vietnam. If anyone know a loophole so as I can keep it longer I'm all ears.

I'm responsible for a lot of the grey import European cars and bikes on the roads of Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia so if anyone is after something a little exotic pls feel free to get in touch.

Look forward to hearing from you and maybe catch you on the road/trail!

Hi All!

I'm Duncan - Just popping in to say hi! I'm packing up shop here in the UK and heading for Bangkok at the end of July. Hopefully I will be on 2 wheels real soon and would love a little advice on getting some track time somewhere and also some ride-outs. I have a BMW HP4C waiting for me in BKK so look forward to getting on it. If all goes well I should be hitting the dirt too so any suggestions on mx and enduro tracks/trails welcome. I'm used to hiring a van to move the dirtbike around - what is the best option in Thailand?
I'll ship my BMW Adventure out in Jan/Feb as apparently I can only keep it in the country for 6 months but intend to tour north Thailand and maybe Vietnam. If anyone know a loophole so as I can keep it longer I'm all ears.

I'm responsible for a lot of the grey import European cars and bikes on the roads of Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia so if anyone is after something a little exotic pls feel free to get in touch.

Look forward to hearing from you and maybe catch you on the road/trail!

Hi, and welcome..

Will bite them off bit by bit..

If in BKK theres a few tracks within a few hours.. Bira near Patts having lots of use..

Most common way to move everything around is by pickup here.. Few vans loads of pickups.

Loads of enduro spots and local MX options.. Dont know around BKK but wont be hard to find. Bangkok guys often go out to Baan Ricky for enduro stuff.

As for you adventure.. 1) make sure your not on a long stay non imm Visa if shipping it to bangkok, not important if coming over another land border 2) the temp import scene has just become a bit of a pain in the arse in the last few months and you will now need to go to customs every 30 days or incur a 1000 baht per day fine 3) you can of course exit the country at 5 months 29 days and return to get another 6 months.

Vietnam is a very hard to get in country.. There is recent postings that flamingo travel may be able to sort a fixer again.

If your responsible for the grey imports here I am surprised your asking about import issues.. Things are really clamping down last year or so and grey import bike registrations have, for now anyway, become impossible. All the parts import bikes cannot get the paperwork needed to be made usable. Even just getting excise paid seems a major problem. If you have any information on grey import cars to Thailand PM me. I am always looking to know more on that subject, millions to be made if anyone can unlock that door with any reliability.

Good luck with the move..

Thanks LivinLOS, appreciate the info. I've heard about Baan Ricky, will check it out.

I'm pretty much up to speed on all import procedures, taxes, homologation and clearing. I haven't spoken to my clearers about my personal import yet so wanted to see what you guys thought, the answer of leaving just shy of 6 months was exactly what I hoped to hear - thanks!

The registration of most of the "grey" bikes is still unresolved, murmurings within the industry seem to indicate closure is imminent however I'd say its still a good 6 months away. The "knock down" bikes and cars are in trouble, my understanding is that they are no longer allowed to register these vehicles. I've got a client with a few cars which he is now stuck with as he cannot register them. Maybe best to wait for things to settle.

Cars are no problem (as long as they are new) there is a good saving on imports, a few people have indeed made millions! I'll PM you when I get to BKK, happy to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom