Hi from Northern Bavaria

Winghunter

Bikes
BMW K 1200 LT - Mod. 99
Hi all together,

just would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the group.
My name is Rudi. I live in the most Northern area of Bavaria close to the Czech border.
Married, Age: 56
Motorcycle: BMW K 1200Lt - Mod. 99 with 150 000 kilometers on the clock

I do travel a lot in all parts of Europe, in the USA every two years
and
by end of this year, me and three others will do a trip in Northern Thailand. Our Basecamp will be Chiang Rai from where we will start daily trips and a few trips with some overnights along the routes. We have rented the bikes at Big Bike Rentals in Chiang Rai, 2 X Versys and 1 X Honda 500.

We will do the trip from December 27, 2014 - January 13th, 2015.

Hope there is a chance to meet some of you guys up there.
301322_531565536870425_2036310273_n.jpg

Welcome aboard look forward to bumping into you when you base in Chiang Rai.

Hi Winghunter / Rudi,

Good to see you here on RideAsia. In case you have any questions, etc. just ask as we have quite a few knowledgeable people here on the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome greetings.

Just a question.

Have a question to you guys.

How is population of Mosquitos at the end of December/early January ?
I hate those nasty insects doesn`t matter if they are in Germany, Italy, Thailand or elsewhere on the world. :p

Apart from chemicals the best medicine against mosquitos is start a bottle of whisky (or local Lao Kao) around dinner time and finishing the bottle (alone) before bedtime.
The first half of the night you are too drunk to notice the mosquitos and the second half of the night the mosquitos are too drunk to notice you.

Guess the bottle of Whiskey will work best8-)

Phil, I also will keep your recommandation in mind. Thanks. That will provide me less headaches the day after:LOL

Back
Top Bottom