help needed to ride to indonesia

Samudrasg

hi riders,
am from Singapore n need some information and contacts to bring my own bike to Indonesia( Sumatra ) via Malaysia Muar. my plan is to ride from sumatra to bandung and hit back to singapore. any ferry contact how should i do this. for the carnet how to apply this?

samudrasg,yes carnet will be require.just info you better avoid jakarta-bandung route unless you may enjoy hard traffic jam.central java to east would be great.

i went to melaka but no ferry willing to take my bike to dumai. do you have any contact?

From melaka to dumai,there are plenty shipping company to ship.i have a contact person in dumai but not in melaka.plenty biker there that i know i could inform them to assist you.

I used Mr Lim at Cakra Enterprises in Penang to ship my bike from near Medan to Penang. Contact details are:

At the time (mid 2012) they were only taking bikes from Sumatra back to Malaysia because of problems with the Indonesian Navy. That may have changed.

A fair bit further north than you want, but he may know contacts

thanx bigfella

- - - Updated - - -

did u go together with the bike? how long it takes to reach sumatra

No, you can't go with the bike. I flew over. It took one or two days, if I recall correctly.

i believe u can ship the bike from Penang to Medan,then fly yourself ,as our friend Steph is doing that these days. check out her blog .and please share info .I should be going that way to Indo in a few months.thnx

One Steph Beyond...: Goodbye Thailand. Hello Malaysia

Yeah, the onion boat is what mine came over on. I presume the 2012 difficulties with the navy have been resolved?

thanx bigfella

- - - Updated - - -

did u go together with the bike? how long it takes to reach sumatra

got this reply:

Yes the onion boat leaves every Wednesday and he needs to contact Mr Lim (cakrashipping@gmail.com). Very helpful and quick to reply to emails. Easy peasy. xx

Back
Top Bottom