Help - need a stator for my bikes generator

Grathiam

Bikes
Suzuki 250XC Djebel, F650GS, Honda Dream
Great timing...NOT!

I just had the engine rebuilt on my BKK licensed '98 Suzuki 250xc Djebel dirt-bike.
Bike ran great...for 600km, when the electric generator's stator failed, so the the battery is not being charged.
The battery and all the other components on the bike are in good shape.

Are there any reliable shops in Thailand that rebuild/rewire stators?? I think my bike uses the same stator as on the DR250 and early DRZ250s?
It's also possible that the CDI may have been affected, and I may need also a source for one?

While I love the bike, the NET informs me that new stators and CDI's are expen$ive.

Any suggestions or advise is appreciated...
thanks!

Doubt your CDI would be affected.
While getting your stator rewound, you should also check the diodes in the regulator/rectifier

Following "how to" is for the DRZ400 but it has the same regulator/rectifier as the Djebel

RR testing - remove the RR from the bike. You can test the internal rectifier diodes. Put your digital meter on diode check and follow the meter test instructions. Check red wire to yellows wires then reverse the test leads. You will get no continuity one way and about .5 volt drop fwd continuity the other. Now repeat the test black wire to yellows. You should get the opposite results for no continuity and fwd continuity with a .5 volt drop. If you are not using a digital meter with diode test function, use a 12 volt battery and a low wattage bulb and test for continuity vs no continuity. There is no good way to test the regulator except by elimination of all other problems

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/541623 ... power-mod/

Try out http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/

I have used them before for DRZ 400 stators and they are not expensive and they normally ship the same day or the day after you place your order.
I think the guys name is Roger Lovelace (I may be wrong, it is a few years ago).

The stators I got had all the right connectors on the ends so no need to fiddle with soldering on bits of your old connectors etc. the only thing to look out for is that their replacement stators may be slimmer than the original so you may have to change the screws holding it on.

Or if you are in CM you can have your original stator re-wound; there is a place on the super high way that re-winds pretty much anything -start from centre of town and pass JJ market and turn left onto the frontage road of the super high way and keep going a few hundred meters until you see a place on your left that sells car batteries and the like, I think their signage is green and white but I may be mistaken... not expensive and the workmanship of the stuff I had done was great!

Good luck with it!
Hassman

Back
Top Bottom