'Hello'

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Time for a few changes, so here I am on RideAsia.

A bit of background;

From the early 1970s through to the late 80s Central Australia was my main riding venue, mostly within NE South Oz and the Northern Territory and mostly on an excellent Honda XL250 and then the XL500. A Yamaha Tenere was my bike of choice for my final riding years in Oz, before softening and using a variety of 4 wheeled objects.

CCI00048.jpg

CCI00000.jpg

And 5 years ago, after family disasters, I decided a new life was required so relocated to Thailand and have been very much enjoying Northern Thailand and Laos etc on the trusty Africa Twin,

DSC09209.jpg

And now a new chapter opens.
I have moved out from Chiang Mai and discovered a healthier and happier life-style.
'Settling in' is top priority for a while, but once that is done I will be 'hitting the road' again.

Looking forward to meeting and reading from many of you.

Ron

Yep, as named when it and I attracted so much attention in Laos!
Now to work out how to correctly insert the images!

Look forward to reading your reports...

Whilst your working out how to insert images, practise with the one with the little "rat catcher" picture..

:RO

Steve, this may be useful to other 'newbies' in the future, so a couple of questions.

I don't use an image host.
I put my chosen images onto desktop then selected 'insert image' and typed in the image number.
Obviously not the correct way.
The rat catcher is for images stored in a host?

Rgs

Hello 2wheels & very warm welcome on the forum :DD

I have just sent an email to you so hopefully we can sort your 3 missing images out asap

Ally

Chis - which rat catcher image ?

Hi

I can see from the recent post you made asking about image insertion, that you have thought by placing your cursor in the big white space and then clicking the
img.gif
button & then getting this pop up screen:
Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 21.53.34.png

you could think about uploading an image from your computer.

Unfortunately that method is only for webhosted / off somewhere on another forum or in an account somewhere on the net. The url of an image would be pasted into the blank space by you & that image would then indeed appear on this forum.

However, if you do not have the image on the internet already & have the image on your computer locally, then the "Upload attachment" link at the bottom left is your route to do just that.
Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 21.53.46.png

Click that link, select your file on your computer & then click "Add the file". This will essentially upload the image.
Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 22.09.57.png
Once uploaded, you need to put your cursor in the big white space of your post where you want the image to appear & then click "Place inline"
Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 21.54.14.png
The post now has a link to the uploaded image like this:
Code:
[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 21.54.14.png[/attachment]

Hope that helps.

Ally

Wonderful, thanks Ally.
I shall try the 'Upload attachment' method tomorrow to post a trial image.

Hey Mr. 2wheels, great to see you on this forum. Looks like you're almost on top of the photo uploading thing, any additional help you need after Ally's explanations don't hesitate to contact us.

Always enjoy our chats and looking forward to reading some of your stuff :DD

What happens if the Monk doesn't throw water on yer bike? I haven't had that modification done yet! Did you notice an increase in power?

johnnysneds said:
What happens if the Monk doesn't throw water on yer bike? I haven't had that modification done yet! Did you notice an increase in power?
Take it on the streets in the next week or so if you want water thrown on you...

Back
Top Bottom