hello from singapore ! passing by CM in end Dec2011

yellowbird

Bikes
BMW 1200GS
Hello boys and gals,

greetings from the little red dot of singapore :)

I came across this forum by chance, but have found tremendous loads of useful information and interesting ride reports from you guys, so I want to congratulate the founders and moderators for doing a fantastic job sharing all your experiences with newbies like me.

daniel_rideasia_intro.jpg
A little bit about myself...i have recently quit my job to take a gap year, and just finished 6 months touring south america. did some dirt biking in sacred valley near Machu Picchu in Peru and it was an amazing experience.
here are some highlights of the Sacred Valley ride on a XR250 :

I did some off-road riding around northern thailand in Pai on a rented dirt bike a few years back, but looking forward to going back again this year !
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESnfy4AjkMA[/VIDEO]

I will be riding my bike up from singapore to laos and cambodia from mid Dec2011 to early Feb2012, and will be passing by Chiang Mai around the last week of Dec2011 (around 26 or 27Dec), so it will be great to meet up with the folks based in Chiang Mai for a couple of beers. Where will be a good meeting point in Chiang Mai for you guys usually?

if any of you are in singapore, feel free to drop me a note to meet up :)
i ride a harley sportster and bmw gs here.

cheers,
daniel

Welcome to the Forum. There are many places to meet in Chiangmai but you could start at the Riders Corner at the north-east corner of the moat (www.riderscorner.net/) and you probably will find a few of us there.

Lone Rider

many thanks, lone rider !
i will definitely drop by riders corner when i reach chiang mai in end dec.

can you recommend one or two bike-friendly (i.e. easy and secure parking) hotel or guesthouse in chiang mai, preferably near to the riders corner ? i plan to hang out for a few days in chiang mai !

cheers, daniel

Lone Rider said:
Welcome to the Forum. There are many places to meet in Chiangmai but you could start at the Riders Corner at the north-east corner of the moat (http://www.riderscorner.net/) and you probably will find a few of us there.

Lone Rider

yellowbird said:
can you recommend one or two bike-friendly (i.e. easy and secure parking) hotel or guesthouse in chiang mai, preferably near to the riders corner ? i plan to hang out for a few days in chiang mai !

cheers, daniel

The corner itself, Phil should be able to accomodate you 8-)

many thanks yempaul and lone rider !
i will check these places out.

have a great week ahead. ride safe !

Back
Top Bottom