Hello from KL

nikhuzlan

Bikes
GSA, NC700D, KLX450R
Hi there, just realized I did not introduce myself after posting two topics at this site. I am a soon to be retired Airline Pilot, my last equipment being the Boeing777. Not much of a long distance rider in the 40 years since I first rode a bike, but now with a bit of time in my hands, the many shelved riding plans can be realized.

This April I hope to tick the 4 nation ride from Malaysia to Hatyai, Kanchanaburi, Mae Hong Son, and Chiangmai ( where wife will fly in for a few days ). Then it's Loei, Nan, Chiangrai, Mae Sai, Chiang Khong, Huai Kun. After that it will be Laos and Cambodia before riding home. I have budgeted 21 days for this trip.

Will be looking forward to meeting Phil ( Moose will be on this trip too ) and others at Chiangmai.

Cheers.

Btw, love this site and will continue to contribute any way I can.

Will be great to see Moose again and meet you too. Give me some notice (PM me) and ill try and make sure i'm free to come riding with you.

Ok Phil. Will advise you as soon as the dates are penned down. Hope to get some Routing suggestions for Laos and Cambodia from you.

nikhuzlan said:
Hi there, just realized I did not introduce myself after posting two topics at this site. I am a soon to be retired Airline Pilot, my last equipment being the Boeing777.

Welcome to the board. I am always fascinated by planes and motorcycles...they seem to defy the laws of physics: planes because the Bernoulli Principle lifts such heavy things (I think the 747 is close to 500 tons) and motorcycles because they can accelerate faster than automobiles--you would not think that the coefficient of static friction would allow that, since bikes are so light compared to automobiles, but light weight apparently is not an obstacle but a benefit.

An interesting stat: for all pilots (including experimental and ultralight planes, which are much more dangerous than commercial planes) the mortality rate is about the same as for motorcycle riders. So if you are careful you can hope to enjoy many more years of riding or flying.

Back
Top Bottom