Green Book translation

Beddhist

T. Khok Chang, A. Doembang Nangbuat, Suphanburi
Bikes
Guzzi V85TT, Keeway TXM 200
Hi folks,

When we crossed into Malaysia in 2008 my wife's Thai reg'd bike was issued a 'Certificate of Registration' in English, which, according to my wife, had to be obtained from the motor rego office in BKK and was not available anywhere else (perhaps because her bike was reg'd in BKK?). Now, I keep reading about a 'new' letter obtainable from any rego office. Can somebody please explain what is needed and where to get it? Thanks.

The document your wife is talking is talking about is this one, which is only available via the Motor Transport Office, basically an English translation of the green book and cost 40 baht, you could try to get a similar document from a certified translation document but i would suggest you try to obtain a copy from the office the bike was registered from.

This is what the document looks like.

View attachment trans doc 2015-2016.pdf

Thanks guys. We went to the local rego office and were told to collect it tomorrow. The official responsible for this was out and the bike is registered in a neighbouring province, so we will see tomorrow if all goes to plan. If not, Singburi is not that far to travel. I'll let you know what happens.

Peter whenever I have needed one to enter Malaysia I have obtained it in Satun but my understanding is any office will issue it, my bikes were all Chiang Mai registered too so what province they were registered in doesn't matter

Back
Top Bottom