Good review of the CRF300 Rally compared to the 250

The Bigfella

Staff member
Bikes
KTM 613 EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & Xs, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc
This is a good read. Article by Jan Marc

CRF 300 Review in Adventure Motorcycling Magazine

A few of us had the pleasure of being involved in the preparation of this article (some of the pics are mine and I provided a CRF250 Rally for comparison purposes

Now that I know what pictures they've used, I can pull out some of the other shots.

I couldn't resist getting a shot here... the CRFs are a bit vanilla flavoured, if one's honest... and I have to admit, I'm a growing fan of them

000crf1a.jpg

The new CRF300 Rally

00crf1a.jpg

Last edited:
00crf1c.jpg

Jumbo aka Wandee giving her seal of approval to the new bike.

00crf1d.jpg

We did some of the testing out in the Mae Takhrai National Park area. Had some fun doing it too. IIRC, we had about 9 bikes start the day

00crf1k.jpg

It is probably a bit unusual to do a dirt bike test with a Panigale V4S along for the ride.... but we also had, for a while at least, a Vulcan, a Ducati Scrambler - which had just been fitted with a new chain and sprockets - badly adjusted and he had to return to the shop - a 500X, a DRZ400 (with our mechanic on board... doing the filming here), the two Rallys and a gaggle of CRFs, a couple of which were mine. Here's the cameraman being a bit naughty

00crf1l.jpg

They call you a hoon for that in Oz and take your bike away for 3 months. Do it again, they crush your bike.

Here's the Ducati, whilst we still had him captured

00crf1g.jpg

We tried to talk Natty into riding with us, but.... oh well. It was nice to meet her - here and later on at the lunch stop

00crf1h.jpg

The waterfall was a bit low, unfortunately

00crf1f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom