Getting replacement parts on the road

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
If you're on a motorcycle that's not manufactured or sold in Thailand, getting emergency parts while you're on the road can be very frustrating and time consuming. We've just had this situation arise with a rider who is currently in Laos & badly needed some replacement parts (electrical failure).

Due to some bad luck with shipping/ timing, he's having to take the bus back from Luang Namtha, Laos, then the ferry back across to Chiang Khong, Thailand, then a bus to Chiang Rai, to pick up the parts (then the reverse trip).

If you get stuck needing parts & you're in Laos (or somewhere else remote), but not in a big city like Luang Prabang or Vientiane, it's highly recommended that you ship the parts to Chiang Mai, Thailand. From here we can arrange for the parts to get to you, there's buses & planes to Luang Prabang, Laos, the network to get parts delivered to remote places from there is quite amazing.

Geez, you could have told me that before?

Just kidding, first time for everything and at least there is a method that can be used now

I guess I should have contacted you first but I was dealing with three separate items, all the same but from different sources

I hope to have it in my hand tonight

Cheers from Laos

For future reference if you need to ship parts on a bus from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, you do NOT go to the main bus depot, go to the OTHER Green Bus terminal which is on R 118 (Doi Saket Rd as the Thai's know it) about 500 meters north of R 11/ Super highway on the east side of the road (just through the first traffic light).

For future reference if you need to ship parts on a bus from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, you do NOT go to the main bus depot, go to the OTHER Green Bus terminal which is on R 118 (Doi Saket Rd as the Thai's know it) about 500 meters north of R 11/ Super highway on the east side of the road (just through the first traffic light).

Ok please unconfuse me. Is that location of the bus company you mention above in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai?

I have found the main new bus depot and the green bus company here in Chiang Rai and that is where I was intending waiting for that package you sent today

Cheers
TravellingStrom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsacbob Bike Talk 4
Captain_Slash Bike Talk 5
MartinThai Bike Talk 2
Back
Top Bottom