GasGas Raid

Forest

Bikes
Vstrom650,CRF250 , Ducati 900ss ,Yamaha YZ250, Virago 400 etc..
I miss Europe..................... jee what a beauty!! dry weight 123.4kg!!!! eye pop

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/raid/449-ec-raid-450.html

gasgas_ec_raid_002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never realised they made trail bikes as well as trial bikes, nice...

This bike was made by Spanish JVO for racing the Dakar. So called "Gas Gas Factory bike".
The price was around 16000-17000e before taxes.

The bike is made from 450 EC, what is having parts(motor,brakes etc..) mostly from Yamaha 450. Looks nice but when you look at it closer the "Spanish Quality" shines through. Looks like a "I did it in my garage" -quality. Cannot compare to real factory rides such as KTM 450 Rally Replica. Though the price is a lot cheaper as well.

I have had personally very bad experiences about JVO and I would suggest everybody to have nothing to do with them.

Oh.... When the factory team "epsilon racing" was coming back from South America, one of their 8x8 truck was loaded with Cocaine (1400kg)!! That is not so good sportmanship and poor way to fund racing.

"The owner and co-founder of a Spanish Dakar Rally team is in custody in Madrid after French authorities discovered about 1.4 tonnes of cocaine hidden in a truck belonging to the team on its return from South America.

David Oliveras is the director of the Barcelona-based Epsilon Team, which provides technical assistance and preparation for trucks competing in the Dakar Rally.

Authorities said they had found 1.393 tonnes of cocaine wrapped tightly in plastic and hidden inside the large radial tyres in one of the team's trucks after it arrived on Wednesday at the northern French port of Le Havre. The ship carrying the 8x8 all-terrain truck was loaded with vehicles returning from last month's Dakar rally – a nearly 6,000-mile journey that wound its way through Argentina, Bolivia and Chile before ending in Valparaíso, Chile."

This bike was made by Spanish JVO for racing the Dakar. So called "Gas Gas Factory bike".
The price was around 16000-17000e before taxes.

The bike is made from 450 EC, what is having parts(motor,brakes etc..) mostly from Yamaha 450. Looks nice but when you look at it closer the "Spanish Quality" shines through. Looks like a "I did it in my garage" -quality. Cannot compare to real factory rides such as KTM 450 Rally Replica. Though the price is a lot cheaper as well.

I have personally very bad experiences about JVO and I would suggest everybody to have nothing to do with them.

Oh.... When the factory team "epsilon racing" was coming back from South America, one of their 8x8 truck was loaded with Cocaine (1400kg)!! That is not so good sportmanship and poor way to fund racing.

"The owner and co-founder of a Spanish Dakar Rally team is in custody in Madrid after French authorities discovered about 1.4 tonnes of cocaine hidden in a truck belonging to the team on its return from South America.

David Oliveras is the director of the Barcelona-based Epsilon Team, which provides technical assistance and preparation for trucks competing in the Dakar Rally.

Authorities said they had found 1.393 tonnes of cocaine wrapped tightly in plastic and hidden inside the large radial tyres in one of the team's trucks after it arrived on Wednesday at the northern French port of Le Havre. The ship carrying the 8x8 all-terrain truck was loaded with vehicles returning from last month's Dakar rally – a nearly 6,000-mile journey that wound its way through Argentina, Bolivia and Chile before ending in Valparaíso, Chile."

before coming to conclusions:
Jordi Juvanteny, a driver for Epsilon in last month's rally, echoed Porcar's concern. It would be "very easy to manipulate and access one of our vehicles", he said. He said that after the race "we left the trucks in a clearing about 15km from the port of Valparaíso and handed over the keys to strangers".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KMA Bike Talk 3