fatigue cant ride far and wife in hospital

monsterman

I wanted to ride up to Chiangmai , get away from pattaya for a while but after setting out and riding 100kms i was totally busted ,, had to go home ,,,,saw the docs at pattaya / bangkok no visible problem , not sick ,, not dehydrated . not dengue , they said it could be a residual virus but nothing doing for that except rest
, any ways just as well as my wife djaer was knocked over in bangkok yesterday and is in hospital . a silly woman was riding down a soi the wrong way and swerved to avoid a taxi and ran onto the sidewalk hitting djaer

had to get a bus up to BKK , not enough mojo to ride my ducati ,,,,, worrying all round

yeah would be nice to see all the CMX crew and ride , NAN , and the mountains ... maybe soon ,,,,
djaer has cuts , bruises and shock ,, probably out hospital tommorow ,,,

Sorry about the missus.. And odd about your energy levels.. My first thoughts would be dehydration if you have no other issues but you seem to have that one checked off.

I sympathise. For the last three years I have picked up a sinus infection in early spring which has dug in and lasted all summer bringing on CFS / Post Viral Fatigue which lasts long after the initial infection. Have you had any illness recently? Might be worth seeing a quack or simply taking a course of antibiotics to be sure. The 'malaria' dose of Doxycycline is the same as I was given this year anyway.
Still, I try to look on the bright side - it was the lost summers which prompted me to travel to Thailand for the winters anyway.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your wife.

The answer could be as simple as low blood sugar, temporary lows are often due to "drinking"...have you had a night out with a few to many 1 or 2 days before the ride? Often an excess of alcohol will affect your blood sugar level and from what you described it sounds something as simple as low sugar. During exercise the sugar level drops and fatigue sets in but by the time you get tested the levels are usually back to normal. If it starts happening often and you drink a lot of alcohol try and cut back a couple evenings before you set out for a ride...if you don't then just take some fructose candy and chocolate with you and instead of drinking green tea (which hinders sugar spikes, good for diabetics but not if you need it) drink Gatorade. If you don't like sweet get some boosters with dextrose, instant sugar peak without the sweetness. BTW I'm not suggesting that you are an alcoholic, I don't know you so...just referencing what I know about alcohol consumption and blood sugar levels.

bikenats .. no not alcohol induced at all.. defo a post viral issue ,, its finally let me free after 2 months of weakness ,, now able to ride my bike again ,, i am diabetic but have good management and often work in the tropics so am used to heat and dehydration...

I am able to ride my bike again but just dont seem to have the mojo to go more than a 100kms before i am knackered and have to head home ,,very frustrating

Back
Top Bottom