Extreme Friday?

LUFC

Bikes
Berg 300, KTM 350, Trials Scoot
I'm gonna do some harder type riding tomorrow, starting off behind HTT and heading up the mountain on the rocky trails, it will be pretty tough after the recent rain.

If anybody fancies coming along I'll be at the 700 yr stadium at 10am.

It's definetly not a route for rented KLX250's.

Reckon you may have left it too late to advertise mate , couple of extra day's notice and I suspect you'd have be inundated . A detailed report would be a joy to read .

LUFC said:
I'm gonna do some harder type riding tomorrow, starting off behind HTT and heading up the mountain on the rocky trails, it will be pretty tough after the recent rain.

If anybody fancies coming along I'll be at the 700 yr stadium at 10am.

It's definetly not a route for rented KLX250's.

Thank God we've a plan to ride to MHS today already, or i'd be with you and cursing those nasty, steep, slippery trails.

Hope you've got the new helmet camera mounted. Looking forward to seeing your first video....

Video of you doing LMS would be cool too

johnnysneds said:
Hope you've got the new helmet camera mounted. Looking forward to seeing your first video....

Today would have been a great video I made a big effort but I had the camera completely pulled off my heed by an errant vine, managed to find the camera but the shock must have ruined the file as it wont upload.

It tore the slats off the camera that are used to connect into the helmet mount!

So that's two attempts and two failures to get any videos, pathetic really.

I'm thinking a helmet mount is not a wise choice for the tracks I like, wonder if I could mount it on the bars where the GPS would sometimes go?

LUFC said:
johnnysneds said:

Today would have been a great video I made a big effort but I had the camera completely pulled off my heed by an errant vine, managed to find the camera but the shock must have ruined the file as it wont upload.

It tore the slats off the camera that are used to connect into the helmet mount!

So that's two attempts and two failures to get any videos, pathetic really.

I'm thinking a helmet mount is not a wise choice for the tracks I like, wonder if I could mount it on the bars where the GPS would sometimes go?

I reckon it would be too Shaky Stevens mounted on the bike, never tried it though

Not sure what camera you got Daz but I use a chest mount on the Go Pro and it keeps it from snagging on things.

bigntall said:
Not sure what camera you got Daz but I use a chest mount on the Go Pro and it keeps it from snagging on things.

And the video of the handlebars are amazing. :G

Just joking Justin.

I seen a pair of goggles that have a video camera mounted in the center of the frame with battery and SD card.

bigntall said:

It's the Contour, 1st ride a branch turned off the record button, 2nd ride ripped it right off the lid.

One more helmet mount to waste...........

You need to use the tags or the buttons..

How are you trying ??

BWG950S said:
Well so much for EMBEDDING the videos.

Why does copying and pasting the code works sometimes and other times it doesn't?

Hi

The reason the youtube button is there & containing an example url style required is to help folks view your video sooner than later ;)

Sorted now.

Ally

Ally said:
BWG950S said:
Well so much for EMBEDDING the videos.

Why does copying and pasting the code works sometimes and other times it doesn't?

Hi

The reason the youtube button is there & containing an example url style required is to help folks view your video sooner than later ;)

Sorted now.

Ally

Thanks for taking the time to fix the EMBEDED videos Ally.

So when I click on the "ytplaylist" button:
[ytplaylist]I paste the copied embed code from you tube here? [/ytplaylist]

Hi there again

Believe me, nothing ever stays the same, especially on the net & what was current only a few months back is now changed.

But change is good !

Getting a video into your post is sometimes trial & error but only with a couple of trial routines. You try one, if that one doesn't work, try a 2nd one & if that fails, drop me a line to sort it for you.

If you are viewing a video on youtube and you want to get it onto the forum, look at the url in the top of your browser whilst viewing that video.

I am looking at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cO3A5uXY0&feature=related

Copy that url from your browser address bar & then in a new post hit the
youtube.gif
icon above.

The forum will do its best to interpret that and this is the result:
Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cO3A5uXY0[/youtube]

This icon
bbvideo.gif
works with other video hosting providers and sometimes when the wind is blowing in the right direction, you can select the icon & scroll down to youtu.be.com as a video hoster and paste in the url from the "Share" option on youtube that looks like this http://youtu.be/I3cO3A5uXY0

Today the wind is not helping at all.

So as I say above, if the youtu.be.com url you have from the 'share' on youtube does not show nicely in the post you are constructing, try getting the address bar url from the top of your browser whilst watching the video on youtube and pasting that into the
youtube.gif
icon.

But all of that will be a load of twoddle if you have disabled popups on your browser and when you click the
youtube.gif
icon, you do not get a pop up!

But please remember, it is the forum that does the embedding & not what you paste into your post. You need to use the icons in the editor menu & let the mechanisms of the forum software do the embedding for you. Sadly this forum software is not the bees knees.

Hope that helps you (some one).

Ally

I like the BBvideo tags option as you can resize it so that its in widescreen and well formatted for the page..

Eg I think the above video looks better as

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cO3A5uXY0[/VIDEO]

EDIT annoying it appears the 'preview' button doesnt show a preview of this embedding ??

EDIT 2.. Nope its not the preview the YT link must be formatted differently.. You cannot use the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 3cO3A5uXY0

You must use the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cO3A5uXY0 by pulling out the feature=player_embedded& variable in the URL.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Thailand Ride Reports 10
Back
Top Bottom