Enduro X Final X Games 17

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1-DdToX9IY[/VIDEO]​

Taddy Blazusiak made this look easy. As always, you can't tell how hard it is in video/pictures but check out the women's video below.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCKeDl0l9c[/VIDEO]​
(gotta love the constant giggling and commentary (in chinese) by the guys filming this, listen for a heavily accented "do we have a winnah?" at 8:10)

I'm sure these women are a lot better than me and they look terrible on the course. This rivals Phil's "greatest motox crashes" DVD for back-to-back cringe moments. Really shows the difficulty.

Brilliant post. That looks pretty damn hard to me. Attacking those obstacles hard enough to get through them while not losing control is a very tough call. Knowing what a muppet I would make of myself, I did try not to laugh at the women's video...

I have nothing but admiration for those female riders. That lay out would suit a trials bike more than it suits endure bikes.
Not only difficult but no more than a few meters and obstacle after obstacle. It would sap the energy of even the fittest person.
Just the slope of the ramp at the starting gate would have stopped most of us mortals.

Geoff Aaron was doing pretty awesome on the Christini 2 wheel drive bike before he messed up on the rocks. I wonder how much of an advantage that is.

Amen to that, Brian. It was like having the startline on the edge of a cliff!

Another interesting development in bike sport by mixing up disciplines. I'm a fan of supermoto, which really does have a good worldwide following now and is not a bad training ground for road racing too.

You'd think two-wheel drive would be an advantage, but then you've got the extra weight to handle...

Great post ThePoMoBro, there is indeed a massive difference between men and women.
Track only looks hard once you've seen the women on it. The guys just fly through it as if nothing.
Funny subtitles on the women's video as well like "I wonder how the go pro footage looks like". haha

Back
Top Bottom