Enduro-Race / Tour in Kanchanaburi at Baan Ricky next Sunday 17th of march

harrygps

Bikes
Many and my perfect bike has 250cc.
Hi, I´ve been already in Kan at Baan Ricky and explored my old known and unknown tracks from the 90s. It is still a marvellous trailriding area here in Sai Yoke with several deep rivercrossings. Tomorrow we´ll prepare the tracks for the endurorace (FIM rules) on Sunday, the 17th. A nice ride with a 7km specialtest in 3 classes, Proffesionell, Club and Beginner. And bikes under 180cc and over. The Fee was 500 until the 11th, but now it´s 1000 THB. My camera f....ked up, so I guess no more pics before friday, sorry. View attachment 15559View attachment 15560View attachment 15561View attachment 15562View attachment 15563View attachment 15564View attachment 15565

Oh My Buddha, this track is the hell. It´s 100% Enduro, no Motocross at all. Not extremely difficult, but it sucks your power like a vampire. I think, we´ve made a f............ good job today, Special thanks to Allan, whose find, prepare and marked this track. The course runs about 30km on both sides of the River Kwai, almost through Tapioka and Rubber plantages, sometimes deep bambojungle and a few singletracks. It comes to a 7km (only 7, unbelieveable, it feels like 100) specialtest.
Allan´s plan is, to do this 3 times, wow. I´ve made it 2times today and it was enough. One time for seeing the track, 1 time for marking it with arrows. I had a bath in my own sweat, it looks like, they had throw me into the River Kwai.
I´m sure this race will be a great event next sunday.

Hey Harry, thanks to you and Allan for the all the hard work for setting the course. I am bringing the family up for some fun at Ricky's on Saturday and will stay Sat Night on the river, then come back on Sunday for the Enduro course. Excited!! And look forward to meeting you.

What time do the beginners step off?

Mike

Great job Harry I bet its been fun setting that up.

Oh My Buddha, this track is the hell. It´s 100% Enduro, no Motocross at all. Not extremely difficult, but it sucks your power like a vampire. I think, we´ve made a f............ good job today, Special thanks to Allan, whose find, prepare and marked this track. The course runs about 30km on both sides of the River Kwai, almost through Tapioka and Rubber plantages, sometimes deep bambojungle and a few singletracks. It comes to a 7km (only 7, unbelieveable, it feels like 100) specialtest.
Allan´s plan is, to do this 3 times, wow. I´ve made it 2times today and it was enough. One time for seeing the track, 1 time for marking it with arrows. I had a bath in my own sweat, it looks like, they had throw me into the River Kwai.
I sure this race will be a great event next sunday.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Great ride after 2 days heavy rain, no dust, good grip in the hills, but ICE in plantages. Many crashs and broken bikes. A guy from Chiang.Mai won. DSCN2251.jpgDSCN2333.jpgDSCN2286.jpgDSCN2245.jpgDSCN2317.jpgDSCN2261.jpgDSCN2329.jpgDSCN2301.jpg

Hey Harry,

Congrats on your winning performance at the Enduro yesterday!! Well done sir! And on a KLX... very nice. It was great to meet you and your wife. My wife and son had a nice time spending time with her, and appreciate all the photos up on facebook.

What a great event, and thanks for all your help setting the course, etc., If i don't see you again until next season, have a great summer back in the homeland, and see you in CNX next season.

Enjoy,

Mike

My vid from the race - none of Harry, he took off too fast!

http://vimeo.com/62072226

Free accounts on vimeo won't embed in HD, so you got to click thru and then click on the "HD" icon to get a nice image.

Really good fun had by all.

Mike

Harry,
Great to see you at the MX Thai Grand prix.
Wondering if you are the same guy I saw staring "transfixed" at those lovely KTM machines.

harry-gps.jpg
More thanks for the lift back to the Wild Pataya.

mx-grand.jpgpataya2.jpgpataya.jpg

Well done Harry!

Don, how much did you enjoy the walking street?

Thank you very much for the pics, Don. I like that in front of the jumping hill.
Thanks Max. This was only possible, because you didn´t came down to Kan.

Gents that looks marvelous. Harry congrats on saddling up for another go in your old stomping grounds. Harry did you ever know Peter (from Switzerland) that lived in Kanchanburi and road dirt bikes there in the 90's for a bunch of years? He later moved to Pai but is now in fresh pastures.

Mike great video to give us an idea of what it was like. I watched the video and only saw two arrows, reckon i'd still be out there riding lost in the woods. You also had the rocks that looked like they're the ones that did in the CRF sidecase.

Fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom