Ducati and tuk tuks

Midnitemapper

Bikes
xt600, xr400 (4)
Northeast Thailand were one conjures up images conicle hatted workers toiling in endless rice fields with buffalo and Tuk Tuks.
Nothing seems more out of place than a blazing streak of fire red, Ducati!

ducati-northeast-thailand.jpg
Well Art will tell you that he has rolled 27 bikes out the door in the last 4 months!!
duke-entrance.jpg
Sorry this one is sold the new owner picking it up this week!
duke.jpg

dukeshowroom.jpg

Well Art will tell you that he has rolled 27 bikes out the door in the last 4 months!!

We were talking about this last night - that is a huge amount of bikes to sell (1 million bht each) in that area in these economic conditions.

7 a month, in Udon, if he has, that's amazing.

Amazing that Udon has one and CM doesnt.. Would have thought if you were Duci that CM would have been next after bangkok..

The north-eastern part of Thailand has the largest population of any region of Thailand.
Around 22.3 million people as against the Northern regions 11.5 million people. Almost double the potential customers. Albeit, the poorest also. But the north-eastern region of Thailand is full of Falang as the poorest young girls go to Bangkok, Pattaya etc. and bring back their prize to this region after they have snagged their man.
Udon Thani has 223,000 people as against Chiang Mai’s 175,000.
In addition, Udon Thani has Nong Krai 60,000 and Khon Kean 141,000 plus Nakon Ratchasima (Korat) 204,000 plus a huge bunch of medium population cities close by so the population base is there to get sales.
Makes sense for them to try. 7 bikes a month maybe with the excitement of opening but I would bet it wont last

yeah all true.. but take the average assets of say Phuket residents and say udon residents. There mayt be more of them but big bikes and riders.. Would have sworn far more common in the CM bit.

Still great to see new brands taking off.. Not easy.. As KTM seems to be finding out (bikes sold and now unable to register).

Why is there a problem with getting the KTMs registered?

Captain_Slash said:

Not sure how public this info is supposed to be, but Icant see why the owner would mind.. Also all my info is second hand and I fully admit has the potential to be wrong.. But a mate bought a KTM 690 for the full top whack money brand new.. He made them put in the contract if it wasnt regged in 3 months he would get a full refund.. That was 6 months ago and its still not regged.

They have offered him a full refund, but keep begging for 'a couple more months' while they try to solve the issue and (I guess) gain type approval.. To be fair they have offered him temporary use of a 990 adventure or SMT (which I would be jumping at) and are doing what sounds like their best at customer relations. But the fact remains, they have not been able to get a plate for his 690 so far, and the clocks been ticking a long time now.

I don't think West here in Chiang Mai has a registration plate for his KTM either, as far as I know Sukie is still waiting for his registration for his KTM 990 Adventure.

LivinLOS said:
Captain_Slash said:

Not sure how public this info is supposed to be, but Icant see why the owner would mind.. Also all my info is second hand and I fully admit has the potential to be wrong.. But a mate bought a KTM 690 for the full top whack money brand new.. He made them put in the contract if it wasnt regged in 3 months he would get a full refund.. That was 6 months ago and its still not regged.

They have offered him a full refund, but keep begging for 'a couple more months' while they try to solve the issue and (I guess) gain type approval.. To be fair they have offered him temporary use of a 990 adventure or SMT (which I would be jumping at) and are doing what sounds like their best at customer relations. But the fact remains, they have not been able to get a plate for his 690 so far, and the clocks been ticking a long time now.

Back
Top Bottom