Doi Inthanon - No Thai passport, then 300 Bht

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Having a Thai driving license, Thai residence visa, Thai work permit or Yellow Thai house registration book no longer gets you the Thai entry price (50 Bht) for Doi Inthanon National Park. No Thai citizenship, then you pay the tourist price of 300 Bht. You have a big group and it can get expensive.

RIMG3030_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Its the same at many national parks now ,, rgeulations have been changed by Government orders in November , according to the rangers at Kao Chamao park in RAYONG ,full price for every Farang now ,, other asians chinese, japanese can still get by if they appear to look Thai .....

Psst - keep it to this forum, but last time I approached from the Mae Chaem side, the checkpoint was the wrong side of the junction - 0 Bht!

My Swiss friend Gunther has full thai citizenship and residence with ID and thai passport etc , , he is also getting refused Thai price now because being blond blue eyed and white skinned he is not ASIAN looking , he is fuming , he has lived here for 27 years .

he is fuming ...

You can get these quite cheap on ebay. Works a treat

2a7f3c8b01db0e970d98e006e6e274b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Swiss friend Gunther has full thai citizenship and residence with ID and thai passport etc , , he is also getting refused Thai price now because being blond blue eyed and white skinned he is not ASIAN looking , he is fuming , he has lived here for 27 years .

he is fuming ...

Well that's racist and he can make a complaint about it if he wants.

Also, Asians who are NOT Thai have no right to Thai prices and should pay the higher price. You can point out this hypocrisy by telling the park officials to check the ID cards or passports of all to make sure they are Thai. Burmese, Cambodians and Chinese are foreigners and must pay. Of course, in touristy places they do, but in less touristy ones?

Back
Top Bottom