Demak Machines

Phil TK

Bikes
FZS1000
I'll be buying a bike in Malaysia in January, one I can use to take me all around SEA next year. Ideally I'd like to get a small capacity japanese trials type machine for a couple of thousand dollars budget but these Demak machines keep popping up on my internet searches. They are built in Malaysia and that's all I know, I don't think they are even a Jap or Chinese design built under license -but the prices are certainly keen. This is a pic of their current 150 and 200cc machines. They look the part, although my eye keeps being drawn to those easily bashable frame rails under the engine. Yes, those are upside down forks and that front wheel could be laced to a bigger rim with no probs I should think. The price for the 200 weighs in at the equivalent of around 67,000 baht with warranty although if it blows up outside Malaysia I guess you are stuck with a worthless wreck. Has anyone experience of these bikes?
DEMAK 200c.JPG

They look pretty nice have any spec details to show us. For the money not half bad at all.

They look pretty nice have any spec details to show us. For the money not half bad at all.

I found next to nothing about them, except that they weigh 130kg, 12v, and that they are in fact a Chinese design, maybe that motor is designed by Lifan. I've been Googling for half an hour and that's all I could find. The cockpit looks roomy.

DEMAK 200e.jpg

This model looks a little more interesting, the DMX-R. Has 18'' and 21'' wheels (that's better!) and what looks like a single downtube frame design plus it's obviously got a bit more ride height. With a mind to it's luggage carrying capabilities I was wondering what sort of subframe is under the plastic but can't find any pictures. However it looks like the previous model below comes with a rack as standard, so perhaps there's a fairly substantial steel subframe.
DEMAK 200dmx-r.JPGDEMAK 200f.JPG

I`d be skeptical if JRD scooters are anything to go by especially if you are thinking about doing a prolonged tour away from where the parts may be more readily available if the need be.

In which case it well be "mai Demak mak".

This model looks a little more interesting, the DMX-R. Has 18'' and 21'' wheels (that's better!) and what looks like a single downtube frame design plus it's obviously got a bit more ride height. With a mind to it's luggage carrying capabilities I was wondering what sort of subframe is under the plastic but can't find any pictures. However it looks like the previous model below comes with a rack as standard, so perhaps there's a fairly substantial steel subframe.
View attachment 22702View attachment 22703

You could look into getting a rack made up similar to Cycleracks.com, it has more support points than other racks around.

CRF230Lrack2.jpg

I had chance to look at Demak bikes real close and talked with some of their factory mechanics. Their price is attractive but their bike chassis welding looks horrible and I'd give them a pass unless you are just going to use them for light commute.

Back
Top Bottom