Dam Phrao Weather

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
A short story really.

Hardly any photos as you can only take so many of the same scenario before they become boring.

Colin, Kevin & I met at Riders Corner @ 09:00 & much to our horror, it was closed. Colin nipped off for a burger at a local 7/11.

View attachment 13935

We eventually set off up the 107 and at Mae Taeng, we took the road right to Mae Gnat Dam.

The water was extremely low.
View attachment 13936

View attachment 13937

View attachment 13938

The sluice gates have been given a roof!
View attachment 13939

We next stopped at the Phrao 7/11 for a chat & decided to take lunch in town.
View attachment 13944

Disaster - Kevin & I didn't get what we ordered & Kevin was too polite to complain & ate his. I went hungry. Crazy place.
View attachment 13943

We took the 1150 over to Wing Papao & the weather really changed.
View attachment 13940

View attachment 13941

The sky grew dark & it was obvious that there was rain on the way.

View attachment 13942

At the PTT in Mae Kachan we met with John Gooding & friends who said the roads were wet further north around Mae Suai.

A very casual ride today, it was good to see Kevin again.

Ally

GpxViewer

Been raining sunday and monday in the NE corner of LOS and seems to have moved over to the north now...need a bit of it ATM.

Yes it was an enjoyable ride today in good company and for once I didnt get the camera out so no photos from me.

I cant help laughing at the irony of me being the only one happy with his food when I am usually the one sending it back.

Thanks Ally&Kevin for a lovely day out

Been raining sunday and monday in the NE corner of LOS and seems to have moved over to the north now...need a bit of it ATM.

Sure isn't unheard of at this time of year but very weird sky morning & night.

Ally

Colin, Kevin & I met at Riders Corner @ 09:00 & much to our horror, it was closed. Colin nipped off for a burger at a local 7/11.

Ally -We'd just done 2 huge BBQ group parties 2 nights in a row, we gave the staff the morning off, sorry we missed you, looks like it was a great day out

Ally, what tires do you have on your Versys and are they good for light/medium off road?

Hi there

They are stock standard and really bad on broken up & loose.

You can certainly ride broken road in them but you constantly need your wits about you to stay on course.

I am sticking with them a while to see if they will hopefully deter me from going places I really shouldn't ;)

Ally

Hi there

They are stock standard and really bad on broken up & loose.

You can certainly ride broken road in them but you constantly need your wits about you to stay on course.

I am sticking with them a while to see if they will hopefully deter me from going places I really shouldn't ;)

Ally

Wow, impressive. I changed mine to Pirelli Angels after 6,000 km and there were a world of difference, on pavement that is. But they are strictly for the road and I'm not good enough to venture off road with them.

Back
Top Bottom