Customs clearance agent

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
I am in urgent need of a reputable, English speaking company to do customs clearance for 1 or 2 motorcycles.
I have tried Prompt Shipping Ltd mentioned in another thread, without reply.
Who can advise?

Marcel try Nithipat in Bangkok

081 422 4995

I am in urgent need of a reputable, English speaking company to do customs clearance for 1 or 2 motorcycles.
I have tried Prompt Shipping Ltd mentioned in another thread, without reply.
Who can advise?

Good suggestion Phil! Will let you know the result.

Interesting reading, the ASEAN database shows a figure of US $ 56 million for motorcycles (not parts!!) imported in Thailand in 2006.

Used / secondhand vehicles need to obtain an import permit from the Foreign Trade Department of the Ministry of Commerce. For the vehicles with the weight less than 3500 Kgs., the importer needs to obtain an import permit from the Industrial Standard Institute as well.

New vehicles of all types not yet registered abroad are allowed to be imported without applying for an import permit from the Ministry of Commerce. However, for the vehicles with the weight less than 3500 Kgs., an importer needs to obtain an import permit from the Industrial Standard Institute.

So for permanent import of used bikes two import permits, for new ones just one! The reason for many bikes being held at customs is the fact that these bikes arrive without the required import permits, so I am told. And I was also told that the permit from the Ministry of Commerce is actually the more difficult one to obtain.

The Thai Industrial Standard Institute is under the Ministry of Industry.

You temp importing a registered bike or permanent importing ??

Permanent and new bikes. Originally I considered to import my '93 RE but seems this is becoming an impossible venture unless you want to use it to decorate the bar......

Back
Top Bottom