CRF250L Fuel economy

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
When I rode Phil's CRF on the recent 'Saddlebags Ride' the bike returned 33 to 37 kms/litre.
That was mostly mountainous riding by a heavy guy, but at around 80-90kph.
I was impressed with that economy.

I recently bought a new CRF and yesterday topped it up after 172kms of careful and varied 'running-in'.
4.2 litres.
40.9 kms/litre!

Will replace the oil at around 200kms.

Great little bike so far.

There has been talk that the Honda CRF 250 L has 20-30% better fuel economy than the Kawasaki KLX 250, a material difference.

When I rode Phil's CRF on the recent 'Saddlebags Ride' the bike returned 33 to 37 kms/litre.

I recently bought a new CRF and yesterday topped it up after 172kms of careful and varied 'running-in'.
4.2 litres.
40.9 kms/litre!

4.2 litres.
40.9 kms/litre!

Glad to hear you are impressed with it Ron, the economy sounds slightly better then what I get from the KLX by a couple of km/litre.
The KLX is still good on fuel offroad riding its high speed road work that gets the fuel really going through quickly

I finally checked mine today. 208 km from full to flashing light. 6 litres to fill up, so 34.6 km/l or 97.34 mpg [imperial]. All street riding.

Back
Top Bottom