CRF250 price in the UK

Russ McDermid

Bikes
Honda Transalp XL700VA in the UK, and a CRF250L & V-strom in Thai.
Spotted in a Honda dealers in Ayr, Scotland.
Presume the bike is identical to that on offer in CM.

Attachments

• WP_000096.jpg
    WP_000096.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 6,261
It's the same - you can tell by those beautiful welds on the frame.

GBP 3,950 x 50 = 197,500 Bht

In Thailand 140,000 Bht

Now also available in Australia.
Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) of $5990 = about 185,690 baht.

Spoke to dealer in Hua Hin yesterday .... offered me one at 130k Bht on the road .... but not in stock for 1-2 weeks.
Anyone bought one recently in CM and can share the price (and experience) with me ? I am about to "push the button" on a new one.
Russ

Russ, I'll be at a CMai dealership tomorrow so will check for you.
But 130 sounds very reasonable (and IMYO what it should have been in the first place).

Well Russ, I went to Niyom Panich (Kneel and Panic) today and their price is still 139,900.
They may go down to 138,000 depending on ones negotiating skills.
So 130,000 for a new CRF seems very reasonable.

Whilst there I walked across to the Parts Section to get some dedicated Honda oil and coolant for my CRF for an upcoming Laos ride.
No probs and very cheap.

I then asked for a clutch cable.
'No have'.
One week from Bangkok.

I then asked for a front and rear tube.
They (3 of them) didn't know the English word 'tube' so we walked out to a parked CRF and gestured.
Ahhh.
So the guy opens his parts book and points to a front and rear sprocket!

So we walked over to the sales guys who knew the English word 'tube' and taught me the Thai equivalent (yangmai).
'Ahhh no have'.

Oh, I bought the CRF in June, so thought I'd check if the plate had arrived.
'Come January'.
But I have the number it will be and was assured that, with that documentation in hand, there should be no problems with Thai police
nor with border crossings. We'll see!

So, not getting what should be available at Niyom, I went to Sangchai Panit
and they had the clutch cable and the two tubes (originals), all up 690 baht.

But the little prick of a manager tried to short change me 100 baht :kat(to you cobba), not realising that 'Farang' can actually count.
Every shopping experience is an adventure here! :roll:

Spoke to dealer in Hua Hin yesterday .... offered me one at 130k Bht on the road .... but not in stock for 1-2 weeks.
Anyone bought one recently in CM and can share the price (and experience) with me ? I am about to "push the button" on a new one.
Russ

I brought one from Nat Honda last month at 135k with first 4 services free. They offered a naff jacket and helmet which I declined and they knocked another 500 Bart off. They was offering the month before, the same price but with extra's but no amount of waving the wad about persuaded them to budge on the deal i got. I know i could have bought it cheaper elsewhere but figured that all the hassle of registration some where else, transport to CM etc was not worth the saving of 5k.

Good luck where ever you buy it, It is a great bike for sure!

Hi all,
Ended up getting it from Nat Honda at 135,000 OTR.
2 free helmets, a service, bike lock & and pink polishing cloth!!
One of the helmets was a decent full face MX style in fairness.

Fair enough deal Russ.
That pink cloth obviously sealed the deal! :RE

Note the comments here re CRF clutch issues; insist that your cable adjustment is spot on; mine wasn't until I returned it to them (Niyom) and had their for entered into the warranty booklet.

Back
Top Bottom