Cost of tour and guide for foreign motorcycle in China

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Talking with Phil on the Triumph Adventure XC about the cost of motorcycle touring in China

Background

To do a motorcycle tour in China, there are 2 legal ways you can do it

1. Purchase a motorcycle in China, registering it in a Chinese citizens name - some will argue that this even isn't legal as you won't have a Chinese driving license.

2. Hire a Chinese licensed tour company with a guide & enter China with your foreign registered motorbike.

If you hire a Chinese licensed tour company and guide, all the paperwork has to be approved by the Chinese government in advance of your arrival at the Chinese border.

Cost of Chinese motorbike tour

Talking with Phil on the Triumph Adventure XC, he told us that on his initial enquiries with the Chinese tour companies, he was quoted GBP 8,000 (385,000 bht) for an all inclusive 3 week tour through China, including paperwork, guide, hotels and food.

He managed to get the price down to GBP 5,000 (240,000 bht), so as you can see its not cheap.

The above costs did not include fuel.

If you really want to tour China, contact me and I will take you there as your personal guide for less money than that... :-)

rhiekel said:
If you really want to tour China, contact me and I will take you there as your personal guide for less money than that... :-)

Rob - Through your contact, what would you estimate a 3 week tour all inclusive through China would cost?

Phil

I hooked up with a few operators who gave me different quotations for my year end trip to Shangrila. The prices i get is more than half cheaper than the price you mentioned. If you want, i can send you the breakdowns thru PM. :DD

yempaul said:
Phil

I hooked up with a few operators who gave me different quotations for my year end trip to Shangrila. The prices i get is more than half cheaper than the price you mentioned. If you want, i can send you the breakdowns thru PM. :DD

Great --please pm them

Looks like we are all going to China...Nice one Yem.... :LOL

Interested to find out how much... :?:

:RO

Back
Top Bottom