COMPLETED -The Umpung Tung Yai Naresuan jungle track

Just talk with my friend Mike we will do this trip again on 9th of March after I came back from jungle trekking.Invite all of the Riders if anyone whose interested to ride with us,call 0854254434

jack said:
Just talk with my friend Mike we will do this trip again on 9th of March after I came back from jungle trekking.Invite all of the Riders if anyone whose interested to ride with us,call 0854254434

I'll be coming Jack, I'll see if the dates work for others.

jack said:

I'll be coming Jack, I'll see if the dates work for others.

Some friends of Jack (the Burmese guide) who are Thai trail riders recently did the Umpung Tung Yai Naresuan jungle track, some photo's below:

165255420580.jpg

RoLIG.jpg

FnoVMr.jpg

jglKaL.jpg

AZgHm4.JPG

bBSztf.jpg

KhtEei.jpg

dsc06093_resize.jpg

wiqL8r.jpg

XQY5W6.jpg

EwRU6k.jpg

More in Thai in the link here

http://www.dtrackerthailand.com/board/i ... ic=32562.0

Haha, looks like they had great fun. Brought back some good memories - can't wait to do this one again, stroll on.......

I was trying to figure out where they drowned that bike they are dragging by the front wheel. The river levels must have come up a lot from when we went !! But yeah, they are clearly having a good time....

rhiekel said:
I was trying to figure out where they drowned that bike they are dragging by the front wheel. The river levels must have come up a lot from when we went !! But yeah, they are clearly having a good time....

I was thinking the same Robert, the steep rutted hill also, I dont remember that

johnnysneds said:
rhiekel said:

I was thinking the same Robert, the steep rutted hill also, I dont remember that

I was wondering the same about the hill..... there are several ways in from the south, maybe they penetrated the trail starting on a different route.

umpang trail southern end entrances.jpg

Just been talking with Jack, he warns that this route is now impassable due to heavy rain in the region.

A few Thai guys gave the route a shot a little while ago

1336726787_0.62532000.jpg

Looked ok to start with

1336726862_0.66299400.jpg

Then got worse

1336725926_0.88035900.jpg

& worse

1336725927_0.17385100.jpg

1336726117_0.59738200.jpg

1336726117_0.95619200.jpg

wow what a great trip and pictures love to join you 1 day on an adventure like that........

Taninthai said:
wow what a great trip and pictures love to join you 1 day on an adventure like that........

Taninthai - this is a trail you must do if you like trail riding....you need to 2 days to through the trail.

Talking with Jack, he says the next time he will be doing the Jungle border track will be early December, we'll arrange a trip around that time.

jack said:
This is a trail that challenge all of the riders to do.

Has there been a follow up to this ride? I noticed Jack mentioned 9th March.

Ally

Hi Guys,

This looks great! Actually, reading through this inspired me to buy a 'go anywhere' bike. Well I got a Klx250 as I need it to be legal on the road as I live in BKK and the cops are always stopping me! I have already made a few mods and it feels like it will be a pretty capable offroad machine.

So is this track going to be done again? I'd love to join if possible. Would be great to make some new friends and explore Thailand a bit more.

Cheers

December will be the next time this is doable as the rivers will be too high until then.

Hi KTMphil,

From now until December would allow me plenty of time to brush up on my offroad skills! Will you organise things via this website?

Also if any one in and around bkk fancies a blast around the disused quarry at bo din anytime let me know.

Cheers

The earliest you'll be able to cross the rivers on this route is in early December, Jack knows this area like the back of his hand, he's spent all his life there & he agrees with this.

There's a group of us that have already agreed to do this route in the coming December, we may do it twice, basically starting at Umpang, taking 2 days to ride the border trail south to Sangklhaburi & then ride the trail again north back to Umpang. Some riders have being toying with the idea of trying to do the whole trail in s day, with a fast group of riders that might be possible with no drama's (flats etc..) along the way.

We've been talking about setting up several "rides" through this trail in December 2012/ January 2013 if people are interested, the tracks for this trail will be on the next version of the North Thailand Road & off-road GPS map, as far as we know, this will be the only GPS map available with this trail data.

If your interested send me a private message.

I´ve tried that many, many times in the 90´s, never had success. All my deepest respect again to those guys. Count me in on that trip. I don´t have much time in december, the first 3 weeks in january would be better for me. But I try everything to join you, Phil. SURE!

I was looking through the pictures of this ride today funnily enough! Please count me in for the next trip. I couldn't think of anything I'd rather be doing!

Cheers

Theres more to the Umphang area than people think Phil, I uncovered lots of tracks there last holiday but there are still more left to explore

Yes I would imagine its rather muddy along there right now, is there going to be another Chiang Mai ride out there again in the near future Phil?

A Thai group of riders that just completed the jungle trail --- great video but the music's a little wild

[video=youtube_share;wNZoAjf_u_k]http://youtu.be/wNZoAjf_u_k[/video]

Lovely stuff Phil, what a great collection of memories for those guys. Great video & I like the music selection, spoke volumes for them ;)

RideAsia could very well serve Thai riders who want to post in Thai as well - (or for that matter any language) It would be a useful communication tool for Riders of Asia.

Ally

Hopefully as we discussed, we can do this again in April Jack. I'll ask the local guys see who's available and interested, I know Max would love to do it & HarryGPS has had this track on his list for a decade.

If some rider whose want to do this trip but don't want to ride from north to Sangkhlaburi can see me at Umphang side also and we can meet there.

Back
Top Bottom