Chin State - Sagaing Division - Indawgyi Lake Loop

Joko_Londo

Bikes
Kenbo 125
I think I've nailed down the final itinerary for my third Myanmar Loop. I've been living here since 2014, and I've had several long adventures which I've shared here on this forum. Starting April 8th, for the "Thingyan" holiday, I'll have 3 weeks off and I'm going to spend it on a motorcycle journey. It's going to start with a bus ride up to Mandalay to rent a CRF250 from Zach at Mandalay Motorbike, then up into the hills of Chin State.

Here's the rough itinerary:
Mandalay->Sagaing->Pale->Gangaw->Hakha->Falam->Rih Lake->Kalemyo->Kalewa->Kalay (Mawlaik)->Paungbin->Kawlin->Indaw->Indawgi Lake-> Katha->Takaung->Chaung gyi->Mandalay->Yangon (by bus).

thingyan2018.png

Looks interesting.
Right bike too I'd say.
Looking forward to your reports J-L.
All the best.

Sounds great, we are waiting for an extensive trip report....

Whats the cost of a Crf250 rental in Myanmar btw? Any areas in Myanmar still not allowing foreigners to enter?

The CRFs are $50US/day as advertised but there might be flexibility there.
Zach did tell me there were restricted areas; other folk say it is all open.

The CRFs are $50US/day as advertised but there might be flexibility there.
Zach did tell me there were restricted areas; other folk say it is all open.

Yes, there are definitely some no-go regions remaining. Much of Shan State, the Kayin (Karen) regions along the Thai border, parts of Kachin state in the north, and of course, the areas of Rakhine State that have been in the news so much lately.

Hi Joko
The area along the Thail border called Karen land is open if you have the right contacts.
Just done a 5 day ride in that area.
OI005564.jpg

OI005547.jpg

OI005465.jpg

OI005425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom