Chiang Rai To Nan

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
The route 1020, 1292, 1126, 1091

Total distance 234 km
IMG_1801.jpg
A very nice chicken biryani at the Muslim restaurant for 50 Baht got the day off to a good start
IMG_1803.jpg
It was a bit overcast in Chiang Rai first thing and none too warm when I went for breakfast so I put extra clothes on under my airflow gear.
I was hot riding in the city but once over hwy1 and moving I quickly cooled down and kept that extra clothing on plus the wind proof liners in all the way to Nan
IMG_1804.jpg
Its a sunny day now and a pleasant ride once off the long boring straight section of the 1020
IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg
Nearing Nan province and I notice everywhere looks dry, almost like the nightly rain I was getting in Fang didnt reach out this far
IMG_1807.jpg
From the view point along the 1091 and its looking hazy
IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg
Some of the curves of the 1091
IMG_1812.jpg
As I near Nan and the reservoir I ride over looks full.
I check in at Amazing GH and its empty at the moment
IMG_1816.jpg
Chicken massaman from the market, a portion didnt look much in the bag so I ordered 2 plus 2 bags of rice.
80 Baht the lot, I could hardly eat it all there was so much, delicious too

Nice to see you finally found some sunny skies Col. Missed you by a week.

Don't know how I'd make it through northern Canadian winters without your trip reports Colin, always in time for my morning cuppa. Yeah, Nan roads coming up!

Enjoy that cool weather, temperatures here are in the 20's also but on the other side of zero. It's a dry cold....:roll:

photo+1.JPG

The best conditions during last afternoons, short 420 km, drive on the Alaska highway.

photo+2.JPG

My truck was cooled nicely at the hotel this morning. Edit; not winter yet here, sunrise is 8:49 AM and sunset is 3:15 PM.

Stay warm.

Cheers,
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom