Charging a Battery

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
With so much rain lately I woke this morning & glimpsed blue sky. Ok, so halfway to Sanpatong on the canal road I'm thinking "where am I going today ?"

After checking on the Sanpatong & Hang Dong By-Pass, the Lamphun By-Pass and taking a look at the swollen Ping when I crossed it on the 116, I found myself thinking "water".

So back up the 11, around the outer ring road & up to Mae Taeng & off to Pankled Coffee for lunch before a visit to a guaranteed decent water fall afterwards.

Pad Se Ewl was delicious.

IMG_6712.jpg

At Mork Fa kiosk I went through the usual routine 160 baht down to 40 baht when I showed my license. Crazy stuff.

The waterfall was the fullest I had seen it, plenty of spray to mess the camera lens up.

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6715.jpg

IMG_6713.jpg

Next I retraced my steps to the 107 at Mae Taeng and then after a couple of Km, took a left over to the 1001. I wanted to visit the white Buddha & temple on the far side of the valley mountain range.

IMG_6740.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

The valley from up here looks vast & lush.
IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6761.jpg

I picked a good day. Amateur dramatics from Mae Jo Uni were in mid production! at Wat Phrathat Chom Kiti.

IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

IMG_6743.jpg

Next stop was a small piece of water in the Royal Chiang Mai Golf Course. Both of these are accessed via the small canal road that runs parallel with the 1001 all the way down into San Sai.
IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

Why the heck did I go to Lamphun in order to see the delights of Mork Fa? I guess I just wanted to charge the batteries. It could also be to do with being Stir Crazy or perhaps experiencing Cabin Fever ?
GpxViewer

Ally

Attachments

• morkfa-the-longway.gpx
    445.3 KB · Views: 326
Very nice Ally.
Still my favourite waterfall (at the right price!).
Also Pankled and Pad Se Ew with big noodles!
Love the sound of the fall; and it looks like you had it all to yourself.
Great idea to go there at this time.

Thanks guys for your comments :)

Yes Mork Fa is a favourite, today it was a toss up between Mae Thea, Doi Tao or even Mae Ping National Park but Pankled rang in my head & I am glad I chose that today.

Ally

Back
Top Bottom