Carnet De Passage, Thai bikes.

warrimurf

Bikes
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200s
Anyone out there from Thailand or any other country, having trouble finding a CDP (Carnet De Passage) to travel wide and far like I did?
Here's the solution- CDP is available from 'The Touring Club of Switzerland'
I just received mine less than a week after paying for it.
Process is easy and efficient.
Only problem is you do need to deposit (refundable on completion) the market value of the bike + fee EUR300.
I'm travelling through China into the 'Stans' and west via Turkey to UK ----and back. leaving Thailand may 2019

Sounds good and thanks for sharing the news. Do you know how they calculate the market value of the bike? I mean - I have a Honda Crf250 i Thailand that I bought second hand for 90 k baht and now have ridden 25 k kms more and market value in Thailand is probably 70-75 k baht at most - but in Switserland Im sure the market value of the bike is many times more that thai value amount.
Do you know anything about that? How did they value your bike?

Last edited:
Just value the bike as it is here. I looked at UK selling prices and compared them got an average and changed that to Swiss CHF (currency) and put that on the form, If there is a problem I'm sure they will let you know. It' was very easy.
They were 'VERY' helpful and rapid response to my stupid questions.
I'm off to China in May 2019 then the silk road all the way to UK and back hope to go through Iran, Pakistan, India, Myanmar on the return leg thats why I need the 'Carnet' and for some other countries, just in case.

Just value the bike as it is here. I looked at UK selling prices and compared them got an average and changed that to Swiss CHF (currency) and put that on the form, If there is a problem I'm sure they will let you know. It' was very easy.
They were 'VERY' helpful and rapid response to my stupid questions.
I'm off to China in May 2019 then the silk road all the way to UK and back hope to go through Iran, Pakistan, India, Myanmar on the return leg thats why I need the 'Carnet' and for some other countries, just in case.
There are no stupid questions; only stupid people for not asking. Enjoy you BIG ride and may the Tailwind Spirit be with you!

[QUOTE = "Snakeboy, post: 68772, medlem: 2606"]
Det lyder godt og tak for at dele nyhederne. Ved du, hvordan de beregner markedsværdien af cyklen? Jeg mener - jeg har en Honda Crf250 i Thailand, som jeg købte brugte til 90 kbaht, og har nu kørt 25 k km mere og markedsværdien i Thailand er sandsynligvis på 70-75 kbaht - men i Schweiz er jeg sikker på, at markedsværdien af cyklen er mange gange mere det thailandske værdi beløb.
Ved du noget om det? Hvordan værdsatte de din cykel?
[/CITERE]
ADAC i Munchen kan, med grøn bog oversat, af DLT , lave carnet på Thai reg. mc.
Minimum depositum er 3000 euro, og dækker mc op til 7500 euro, se side 16 :
https://www.adac.de/-/media/pdf/ruf...hash=3F023F3C22E7420ABFC99613C1C0DF9784CC66DA

Last edited:
How is your trip going? Can we read about it somewhere?
How is your trip going? Can we read about it somewhere?

Trip went well, 90 days to get to UK. None of the countries were as I expected except for Europe, all were much better.
Uzbekistan being one of the friendliest places ever.
Ride through china was with a tour group as is the requirement. After China it was a free for all chose your own route depending on Passport and visas, crossing through borders was so easy, bike registration documents with official translation in English from motor vehicle office in Bangkok and insurance. That was all I ever got asked for.
Insurance could be bought at every frontier not more then $50 for 2 weeks.
The CRF100L Africa Twin went with no problems all the way with just brakes, tires, oil changes and cleaning air intake pre filters.
All the bikes on the ride struggled for power over 4,000m in the Himalayas the Triumph Tiger 800 had the best high altitude performance by far.
All my pictures, video/360 vid and pictures are on FB look them up. So far I have only poster some of China there are a LOT more to follow.

Back
Top Bottom