Cardo Launches PackTalk Custom With Scalable Subscription Plans

Rss

Bikes
Yes
In a move that follows the trend of subscription plans seen for rider airbag vests and motorcycle electronics, Cardo has just announced the scalable PackTalk Custom. The new intercom headset offers basic features out-of-the-box and upgradable capability through pay-per-feature subscription packages. Cardo’s PackTalk Custom is the industry’s first wireless helmet communicator to allow riders to […]

The post Cardo Launches PackTalk Custom With Scalable Subscription Plans appeared first on ADV Pulse.

More...

I've been using Cardo products for a decade and have been very happy with them. I have even changed helmets when the manufacturers (that is you Shoei) added dedicated Sena ports that kept my Cardo units from being mounted. With this unfortunate turn, I'll start looking elsewhere.

All subscription plans do for me is cause me to reevaluate the product to find a non-subscription substitute or to find out if I really need to product at all. When Adobe went to a subscription model, I found buy-once products that worked as well and did not have a monthly subscription. Same with other software and apps.

When my current Cardo systems die, I'll be moving on unless they scrap the subscriptions.

Back
Top Bottom