Can someone help me id this frame?

Hassman

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400SM Matchless G3WO -41
Gents and ladies,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me identify this bike frame?
DSCN1383_resize.jpg

DSCN1384_resize.jpg

The front forks may be built by Webb but that does not help much as Webb supplied many bike brands with girder forks.

Thanks,
Hasse

Got it! It is most likely a German DKW from between 1933 and 1939.

Anyone happen to have a 98 cc DKW engine kicking around???

Cheers,
Hassman

Wow that's going to maybe be something like this when it's finished, right? Nice project mate, would be great to see it running/posing when it's finished.
1414535.38f9985a.560.jpg

Johnny do you reckon I should get it and fix it up (fix it up in this case meaning buying all the bits for a complete bike minus the frame and put it together)??

I looked online for an engine but had no luck... found an old Rex engine in Sweden, about the same size/age but not sure if it would fit...

A poll perhaps?? Should I purchase this miserable frame (1938 by the way -checked with a DKW collector in Germany) and try to fix it up or should I leave it to rot in Rangoon??

Cheers,
Hassman

The frame I saw when I was over in Rangoon but I was told it was an Exelsior, only found out after countless of hours online (on the rig yes) that it was a DKW.

Thank you Chris!! I was hoping that someone sensible would say no (Don't expect me to say no...)

Johnny that is cool!! there used to be a guy on Huay Kaew road just about half way between Canal road and Nimmanhemin road that sold some older style dirt bikes, nothing as old as the one on your photo though..

Back
Top Bottom