Caberg Flip Up Adventure Helmet

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
If your looking for a new adventure style peaked helmet this may be worth checking out, available in Thailand around 12K Baht.

The Caberg Tourmax
(Press release edited by webBikeWorld.com) - The Caberg Tourmax is the world's first flip-up dual-sport adventure helmet, designed for Adventure-Touring and street riding.
Caberg was the first Italian manufacturer to produce flip-up motorcycle helmets. As result of the company's long experience, the new Tourmax is 100% Made in Italy. It is equipped with a peak that automatically moves closer to the visor when opening the chin guard in order to minimize air resistance.
The Caberg Tourmax has the dual P/J European homologation, which allows you to ride with the chin guard open but still providing safety thanks to the locking visor lever on the left hand side of the helmet. This lever, when placed in the "J" position, locks the chin guard in the fully open position to prevent it from accidentally closing.
The Tourmax is equipped with the exclusive "Double Visor Tech" system that, thanks to the easy to use inner sun visor, allows you to ride always without glare in safety. The inner sun visor is treated with an anti-scratch coating, while the outer clear visor is not only anti-scratch but also anti-fog, thanks to the double lens Pinlock insert.
Ventilation is guaranteed by two wide vents placed on the chin guard and on the shell that are easy to maneuver when wearing gloves. The air is channeled through grooves on the inner liner that ensure perfect ventilation of the helmet.
The lining is completely removable and washable and has breathable and hypoallergenic fabric for maximum freshness, with reflective inserts at the back of the neck.
The Caberg Tourmax is offered in Matte Black, Matte Gun Metal and White Metal, along with the Sonic sport graphic version.
The Tourmax is also ready to accommodate the Caberg "Just Speak Easy" Bluetooth communication system, which allows the rider to communicate with a mobile phone and a passenger and it also connects to a GPS system, music player and more. Just Speak Easy is equipped with Bluetooth A2DP that permits listening in high quality stereo.
The helmet is in the final stages of testing and should be released in February of 2014. The helmet is 100% made in Italy and the retail price is 249€ for solid colors and 279€ for the Sonic graphic.

caberg-tourmax-colors.jpg

Caberg Tourmax Specifications

• Shell: Polycarbonate.
  • Liner: Completely removable, washable and sanitized with reflective inserts.
  • Ventilation: Chin vent and adjustable top vents.
  • Double Visor Tech system. Transparent, ant-iscratch, with Pinlock fitted insert standard.
  • Sunvisor is anti-scratch treated.
  • Chin Strap: Micrometric adjustable buckle.
  • Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
  • Homologation: ECE 22.05 P/J.
[video=youtube_share;jbJSEsshOd8]http://youtu.be/jbJSEsshOd8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;_g0RtFCbGYw]http://youtu.be/_g0RtFCbGYw[/video]

TSO_1.jpgTSO_3.jpg

Thanks Bob. Having found out how much a replacement Shoei will cost I am considering buying a lid in Thailand this time round.
Will do some research on this, wondering if the peak is removeable and what it would be like at speed. Probably ideal for pottering around on the CRF though.
Regards, Tim

Tim, All i can say is a friend has one he bought in Chiang Rai, having tried it on it feels very good quality and at 12 thousand baht it's pretty expensive compared to the likes of LS2. The peak i understand is removable and my friend has no great issues with buffeting (the peak is vented), the only downside i can see is if you wanted to mount a GoPro to the top of the lid the flip up feature would prevent this.

Ta. I was concerned at the weight but in actual fact its only @200g heavier than my Shoei. I realised I am probably going to the Birmingham m/c show as I am stuck here for longer this year, they are always good places to buy gear.

My ex and I both had Caberg Justissimo flip-up lids for years...... excellent helmets, so if the Tourmax quality is anywhere near the Justissimo, well worth getting, and 12k Baht is bugger-all for a decent lid.

Back
Top Bottom