Brutal roads of asia

Roughroads

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2016
Location
New South Wales
Bikes
KTM 450 SF-X 2014, Ducati Monster 1200 s
Hey guys,

My trip actually started off in Cambodia, at first it was a holiday to go see a few of the boys but then it turned into a full biker ride around Cambodia. There was a 2010 BMW R1200R for sale in Cambodia for a great deal due to the guy leaving and going home so i had to take the opportunity and brought the bike. Shortly after me and the boys were off on our trip, it has to be one of the craziest yet one of the best times of my life, from the absolute beautiful scenery and the beautiful people, all the way too almost loosing a limb a few times along the way (touch wood). When i first arrived in Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh one of the first things i seen was a bike accident, a guy splattered all over the floor not really for the faint heart'd ridding in Cambodia but an amazing experience non the less. Just a little warning for the readers when in Asia no matter where (Cambodia, Thailand, Lao, Vietnam etc.) it is very dangerous ridding in Asia there road rules are not even close to ours and their roads are not the luxury roads we drive on in the west. The food there is also beautiful 85% of the time anyway the other 15% well.... i will let you find out on your own.

What experiences have you had in Cambodia?? And what should i do next?? looking forward to talking to everyone on here!!

Cambodia trip.jpg
 

Roughroads

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2016
Location
New South Wales
Bikes
KTM 450 SF-X 2014, Ducati Monster 1200 s
When traveling around Asia most of the "bagpackers" tourist have their equivalent to the Bible "The Lonely Planet" this is a huge book on the whole of SEA/Aisa depending on what issue you get or saying that how much weight you are willing to carry. It is very well written with loads of information on what to do and where to go, guesthouses, hotels etc. Something you should also check out if your going to Asia
 

KTMphil

Senior member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Location
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
When traveling around Asia most of the "bagpackers" tourist have their equivalent to the Bible "The Lonely Planet" this is a huge book on the whole of SEA/Aisa depending on what issue you get or saying that how much weight you are willing to carry. It is very well written with loads of information on what to do and where to go, guesthouses, hotels etc. Something you should also check out if your going to Asia

I use the pdf version now.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Cambodia Ride Reports 1

Similar threads


Top Bottom